GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
🤔 I’m using it on H6
Honest to god with how often I remove it and how much you need to fiddle with it to get it in, I never bother reinstalling the battery blanket or the battery cover. And there's another piece to it too, right? Like a 2-piece plastic surround? I don't remember because I never use that, either. Just secured the battery down and off I'd go

SliMbo2.5

Ready to race!
Installed my new wheel/tire combo(OZ rally Terra on 235/45-17) and some Rokblokz mud flaps. Next up will be GLI slotted rotor upgrade and Tiguan springs with Koni struts. Hopefully before the snow starts flying.
Edit: not sure why I can't get the pic showing in the post

Attachments

• 20220827_140554.jpg
    14.6 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Holy Megabytes! Yeah Idk what the limit is but it seems that if it’s over a certain MB limit it won’t imbed the image only attach it.

Is the picture not from a phone?

HeloHarmonics

Ready to race!
Topped off my coolant which has been doing the typical evaporating off thing for long enough that I guess dipped slightly below the probe inside the reservoir tank and caused a check coolant indicator. Scared the crap out of me because I've been paranoid of things breaking on this car now that it's pretty much 10 years old and I'm still using it to commute to work. Expected to see a puddle of coolant under the car but pleasantly surprised that it was just the reservoir getting a little too low.

Also ordered a beluga racing catback exhaust cuz I'm sick of seeing my stock exhaust tips with carbon baked onto them so bad that even bar keeper's friend or steel wool won't clean them up. Should make the rear end look a lot fresher and also sound much better too. Based on youtube clips it's my favorite sound from a low/moderately priced catback.

SliMbo2.5

Ready to race!
Holy Megabytes! Yeah Idk what the limit is but it seems that if it’s over a certain MB limit it won’t imbed the image only attach it.

Is the picture not from a phone?
No , it's from my Samsung phone. I'm going to try and get a better pic of the car today anyways so we'll see if I can get it figured out with that pic.

Knotical

Drag Racing Champion
Topped off my coolant which has been doing the typical evaporating off thing for long enough that I guess dipped slightly below the probe inside the reservoir tank and caused a check coolant indicator. Scared the crap out of me because I've been paranoid of things breaking on this car now that it's pretty much 10 years old and I'm still using it to commute to work. Expected to see a puddle of coolant under the car but pleasantly surprised that it was just the reservoir getting a little too low.

Also ordered a beluga racing catback exhaust cuz I'm sick of seeing my stock exhaust tips with carbon baked onto them so bad that even bar keeper's friend or steel wool won't clean them up. Should make the rear end look a lot fresher and also sound much better too. Based on youtube clips it's my favorite sound from a low/moderately priced catback.
I have the Beluga cat back. You'll be happy with it, tips look good size wise, everything fit nicely, and it sounds good without being super noisy

SliMbo2.5

Ready to race!
Just got my replacement wheel bearing in from FCP euro after they sent me that defective one, and the new one has the same fricken problem.

I'm not going crazy right? The center of the bearing shouldn't have play like this?

https://youtube.com/shorts/bU2if8AL-Uc?feature=share

I haven't messed with any bearings on this platform yet but I've never seen any other bearings with that much movement in it.

Knotical

Drag Racing Champion
I haven't messed with any bearings on this platform yet but I've never seen any other bearings with that much movement in it.
Right? Even the old ones didn't have a quarter of this slop.

At this point I'm just going to go get one from the VW dealer. Car's been down nearly a month because FCP can't be bothered with quality control

Checked out the parts at VW. Turns out it's normal. Whoops :/

Last edited:

SliMbo2.5

Ready to race!

At this point I'm just going to go get one from the VW dealer. Car's been down nearly a month because FCP can't be bothered with quality control

Huh!? Well that's good to know.

Cole2999

Autocross Champion

Is that front or rear? I don't recall mine looking like that, but I didn't necessarily check