GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
The engagement point is basically a factor of which pressure plate you have and how worn the disc is. Bleeder and ss lines don't matter.

And yeah @Cole2999 that clutch is going to barely slip at all making low speeds and reverse harder to drive but you'll learn. I find that blipping the throttle and letting the clutch out a little to get rolling, then clutch in and just roll from the momentum in reverse works best to avoid bucking. #racecar

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
IMG_1134.jpeg
IMG_1132.jpeg
IMG_1130.jpeg

Freshly washed with Flow Designs splitter kit.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Did some custom aluminum paneling to line the glovebox and located the fusebox and data logger for the EMU Black inside. Finished the paneling off with a bead roll around the shape of the fuse box and finished the panel face off in a brushed finish to match the new dash trim. After using the old beige glovebox for mockups, I moved it all over to the new black parts.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Brought home a younger cousin to share the driveway.

Really wish Audi could get their **** together on options and packages, would have loved to get it in white and color matched flares (driveway would have looked awesome with all 3 cars matching and the TTRS being the lone flash color lol) but they do not allow the Black Optics with the flat white only the ghetto sparkle white. They don't do color matched on all colors, and the wait time for an exclusive color was over a year and just not feasible right now.

Still, she's sexy and will be better once I lower her and get some better wheels sorted out.

As for the R, got my new wheel bolts in the mail this weekend, get them put on next weekend. Still need to sort camber plates so I can get the 245/40R18 888Rs to fit, they are ok on the street but are rubbing and cutting the sidewall on the track.

And ordered copper washers for the trans plugs from McMaster since the ECS magnetic plugs I got come with the wrong size washer and running them without washers like the factory they are leaking BAD. I'll have to order more gear oil now too to change them, another $60 for the AMSOIL gear oil. Ug.

jedred1

jedred1
Passed emissions here in Salt Lake County with APR stage 2 and 200 cell cat. Passed the OBDII with 1 fail (you are allowed 1 fail). Passed the visual because I do have a cat

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
Today I broke the bolt on my selector shaft :)
PXL_20230520_164916364.jpg

I had–and still have–some choice words for myself for sending it on with a fucking half inch impact, but... Yeah, no buts really, it was just really fucking stupid. I can still shift, so I got it home. I'm gonna see about finding a new one; if anyone has a busted manual transmission laying around with this part in good condition, please shoot me a message.

PXL_20230520_174136340.jpg

Plus side, I did get the panzer plate on and I did fully adjust the Sigma 6 shifter prior to breakage, so it's tight. Also got my driver side-marker working, but the passenger side and both fogs seem to need new connectors.

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
Can't believe I forgot to mention this but the shop that did my work forgot to torque my axles. When I was under my car I saw a loose bolt and I assumed it had failed, but I checked every bolt and I could hand tighten all 12. I even double checked the to-do list I sent my mechanic, and it's clear as day "Torque axles (to transmission and knuckle)."

I had explained in person that there were about a dozen bolts that were tightened but not torqued, and I listed them all in to-do lists. Now I'm fucking worried, because what other bolts got missed?

As for the car, there was about a quarter inch or so of play at the axle flange. I hand tightened everything as I didn't have all my tools with me, just the ones I needed. It goes back to the shop Tuesday and I left him a message already. But what, if anything, should I be asking him to replace after 750 miles on hand-tightened axles? I'm definitely going to ask them to check the torque on everything on my list.

Last edited:

Chisel_86

Go Kart Champion
New rotors and pads on my GTI. So fresh and clean 😅
They weren’t horrible before, but the slides were dry and they were just noisy. All smooth and quiet now.

*edit* rotors are Zimmerman Z-coat and pads are Akebono Euro formula.
I used Sil-Glide on the slides and guides, and BG Stop Squeal on the pad surfaces.

Attachments

• IMG_6086.jpeg
    IMG_6086.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_6088.jpeg
    IMG_6088.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_6089.jpeg
    IMG_6089.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_6092.jpeg
    IMG_6092.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_6096.jpeg
    IMG_6096.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_6099.jpeg
    IMG_6099.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
After 76k it needed a new water pump. Also time for both dsg/engine oil changes, plus a brake fluid flush. Lastly, I had these 034 billet engine/trans mounts and APR dogbone I’ve had for forever thrown in. Shame they are mostly hidden. Excuse the dirty bay, I’ve neglected cleaning the car for weeks.

Attachments

• Resized_Resized_20230522_112506.jpeg
    Resized_Resized_20230522_112506.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1585.jpeg
    IMG_1585.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1588.jpeg
    IMG_1588.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 52
Last edited: