GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Installed the Dynablink mirrors. Look dope and contrary to popular belief, mine have the driver's view indicators that the blinkers are on.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Friday night, flashed to stage 2.
Today, installing innovate ethanol sensor and Guage.

Between that and all the new exhaust bits, it's been a busy week. A year ago I did stage 1, full suspension, mounts, IC, SSK, tranny and diff svc, and everything else in a < 2 month span.

Now that this flurry is almost over, I don't know what more to do that isn't pointless. Maybe stick a camera in and do a walnut blast if needed? Powerflex bushings?

The doing is as satisfying as the having.

You are going the mixing E85 route?

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
You are going the mixing E85 route?

Well, there's a station that sells 100 octane right near my office (for 8 bucks a gal). There's also various much less conveniently located places that sell e85 but the closest one rated to have good quality is 10 miles out of my way.

I'm thinking I'll mix a tank via whichever is convenient at the time and just be prepared.

I also need to rig something up for data logging so I can see what's happening in each scenario. I use my home desktop and a 40 foot cord for everything now.

Last edited:

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Pretty sure he means sequential turn signals. Not mirror glass.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Got Bilstein B8s installed. Tears of joy after running stock shocks on lowering springs for so many months. :ROFLMAO::cry::ROFLMAO::cry::ROFLMAO::cry::ROFLMAO:

JD-1

Ready to race!
Got Bilstein B8s installed. Tears of joy after running stock shocks on lowering springs for so many months. :ROFLMAO::cry::ROFLMAO::cry::ROFLMAO::cry::ROFLMAO:
How does it ride dude. I am on vwr springs, apr rear sway bar and stock springs. I'm pretty sure one of my endlinks is broken.. is the ride firm and stiff with b8s?

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
How does it ride dude. I am on vwr springs, apr rear sway bar and stock springs. I'm pretty sure one of my endlinks is broken.. is the ride firm and stiff with b8s?
It's still rigid and firm, but like riding on a cloud. I swear it shifts/accelerates better now. Could also be placebo since every motion of the drivetrain is not being felt as much, therefore causing me to push it harder.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion

I remember giving up on even finding a set a year ago and going with Koni instead. No ragerts.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Had my nexen winter sport 2 tires installed by my gf dad. He is a long time mechanic for big name brand. Did the general tire flip, then ran the tires on a machine, then mounted. Is there anything else I need to do? Cars seems fine after driving. Tread wear on oem tires was normal so he thought i didnt need an alignment but said to watch them to make sure it looks fine. I think they r fine. So after little drive, tires seems quite, decent grip, has not been full winter mode/ no rain or snow or ice so time will tell if they plow through snow.

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
Installed aFe drop in air filter and removed snow guard from the stock air intake. Throttle response seems a little quicker :D

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Got smoked by some fossil in a mid-2000s stock looking Bimmer convertible on the way to work. 3rd gear felt like I had the brakes on as he whooshed past.

*Shame* /wrist