GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I may just try a straight E85 tune first I think. If it’s too inconvenient range-wise I will just wire it back over to the ECU for when the EQT flex files drop.

I definitely dropped the 15A fuel pump fuse in the engine bay somewhere between the battery and the ECU. Have to wait until the wife gets home so I can go grab a new one.
Flex tune is better…. Trust me….. I’ve done just the upgraded hpfp and e85….go stratified

swimming gti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI w/DSG
Tuning my GTI with EQT stg1 93octane today...ik most of you guys are way past that but really excited.

Only thing I'm worried about is car has rough idle and it used to have misfire codes which I cleared and they never came back (have driven a couple hundred miles since clearing). You reckon I'm good to go?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Tuning my GTI with EQT stg1 93octane today...ik most of you guys are way past that but really excited.

Only thing I'm worried about is car has rough idle and it used to have misfire codes which I cleared and they never came back (have driven a couple hundred miles since clearing). You reckon I'm good to go?
Congrats! First tune is always awesome! If it hasn’t come back, you’re fine. Full send

Pineapple

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf GTI S
Rolling the leaky wheel to storage when I see this

IMG_7967.jpeg

Well there's ya problem. Holds pressure for ~2 weeks before tpms complains. Good to know it isn't a dented wheel.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Flex fuel is just more convenient, your tune adjusts automatically so you can run anything between 91/93 and full E85 and not have to worry about it.

LPFP because MPI because clean valves and more reliable than most HPFP options
what I'm finding out though, is that upgraded hpfp isn't all that's required to go above E30.....once you run out of injector timing, that's the limit of your injectors and may not even be able to utilize anything higher. MPI will fix though.....and deeper down the rabbit hole I go

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R