GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WHAT IS THIS NOISE!? PLEASE HELP.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Theres actually a ton of DIY videos on the intake manifold on youtube, super helpful. Also FYI the service recommends changing all the seals on the injectors during a service. You need 4 injector kits, each comes with a teflon seal, o-ring, spacer and clip. The annoying one is the white teflon seal which VW has a special tool for that expands the seal and then compresses it over the tip but the tool is liek $200. Ive been able to do it by expanding the seal with with a pen or tiny socket then slipping it over the injector tip then compressing it with a zip tie. I only change these when the injector pops out of the head when you pull the manifold its somewhat common. If the injector manages to stay in I just replace the o-ring. That being said, some users on here have said they never replace the seals and never get fuel leaks. Up to you...

Tsi_God

Go Kart Newbie
Personally I don’t think it’s the pcv based on those codes. It’s pretty likely to be the manifold. As for the that sound I’m unsure of. Maybe check the hose that connects from the pcv to the intake?

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
Things I've seen to replace/verify BEFORE tuning.

1.) Timing Chain Tensioner-checked and I have new version.

2.) Timing chain stretch

3.) Intake Manifold

4.) PCV

5.) Diverter Valve

6.) Water Pump

Is there anything else I'm missing??

For stage 1 tune you're pretty much set to go once you get the maintenance items done.
For stage 2 you'll need some supporting mods.

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
Personally I don’t think it’s the pcv based on those codes. It’s pretty likely to be the manifold. As for the that sound I’m unsure of. Maybe check the hose that connects from the pcv to the intake?

definitely not caused by PCV, this was just an additional item since he mentioned oil in charge pipes and its something a new owner should look at.