GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What part is this?

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Hi, does anybody know what the part circled in the photo is? (The black pipe with the green nipple) And should it have play in it? It appears to be weeping/misting engine oil from where it attaches to the engine and can be moved in and out about 5-10mm at the point where it attaches, the misting is focussed at that point so do think it’s coming from elsewhere such as valve cover as that is clean, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
I actually have a spare one lying around but it is a 3 way check valve that connects to brake boost vacuum. On my car a 09 CCTA TSI that capped line is hooked up to a hard line that goes across turbo heat shield to down by the coolant tank. And you should be able to rotate it a bit since it just slides on and off, but I guess it could fail too since its a valve

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
I actually have a spare one lying around but it is a 3 way check valve that connects to brake boost vacuum. On my car a 09 CCTA TSI that capped line is hooked up to a hard line that goes across turbo heat shield to down by the coolant tank. And you should be able to rotate it a bit since it just slides on and off, but I guess it could fail too since its a valve

Thanks, my engine is a Euro CCZB so presumably the capped line is normal for that engine! Should there be any engine oil at the check point location? Could it even be coming from there at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk