GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What part is this?

Kwash28

Can someone tell me what part this is? And possibly what the wires and tubes are that connect?

Thanks!
618AD6B1-3DCB-4484-8D56-51B58415CE5F.jpeg

Last edited:

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Yep purge valve. I possibly have a bad one :(

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Do you have a CEL?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Might not be that then. If it wasn't working I would expect it to throw a code. At least mine is.

JW with a VW

Go Kart Champion
Ticking is normal unless it is really loud. Deutsche Auto Parts has a vid on YouTube.

SomDingWong

Hey Guys, I'm replacing mine when it comes in a week or two... who knows how long with the covid at the moment.
I will make a removal and install video as i cant find any good ones online...

The mk6 n80 valve isn't a single n80 valve it has check valves as well, on other tfsi and fsi models you can just take the vacuum lines off, where as mk6 is one system kit thing LOL... you need to buy the kit piece.. hard to explain but check photo

if you need a replacement part here's the link:
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-nfis-or...apor-canister-check-valve-kit/06j133781ce~oe/

Would also recommend replacing the canister as well here's the one i got:
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Carbon-...-MK5-MK6-AUDI-A3-TT-1K0201797AE-/171843453670

n80Sys.PNG

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Yeah I have seen people just cut that hard plastic hose and put a regular N80 valve on there along with a short piece of rubber hose clamped on. I'd like to replace the whole thing which can be done without removing the intake manifold.

There is a YouTube video of a guy replacing the whole part with check valve somewhere.

SomDingWong

Yeah I have seen people just cut that hard plastic hose and put a regular N80 valve on there along with a short piece of rubber hose clamped on. I'd like to replace the whole thing which can be done without removing the intake manifold.

There is a YouTube video of a guy replacing the whole part with check valve somewhere.
yea i saw that video, i might make one just abit more in depth and better camera angles aha.
I was gonna bodge together how you described but i figured may as well do it right to eliminate issues down the line.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
yea i saw that video, i might make one just abit more in depth and better camera angles aha.
I was gonna bodge together how you described but i figured may as well do it right to eliminate issues down the line.

Agree.

I figured I'd take care of it when I did my carbon cleaning.