GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What suspensions are you tracking?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
STs will not be as firm as most would want, I'd think. I have KW V1/HPA SHS and there is a lot of body roll, which is fine, since they are made for street usage primarily, and to be very compliant.

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
you could always order a set of swift springs and use them on the st shocks, a few users on here have changed their springs on their koni and H&r coilovers

Stinger

Ready to race!
Check my sig.. I just tracked for the 1st time last weekend and came back thinking I'm not stiff enough for tracking, although very nice for dd.

who128

Ready to race!
Check my sig.. I just tracked for the 1st time last weekend and came back thinking I'm not stiff enough for tracking, although very nice for dd.

Not bad, but the only thing that bothers me is why are you running 215 on 9" width and also why did you go with a stiffer front sway bar. Shouldn't it be the opposite where you want more stiff in the rear so it causes less understeer? Btw do you by any chance have the vcds?

Last edited:

Stinger

Ready to race!
Not bad, but the only thing that bothers me is why are you running 215 on 9" width and also why did you go with a stiffer front sway bar. Shouldn't it be the opposite where you want more stiff in the rear so it causes less understeer? Btw do you by any chance have the vcds?

There can be reasons for choosing 215's, such as better gas mileage, higher top speed (less rubber on the ground) and cheaper tires although for me it was purely visual (a semi-stretched look) :rolleyes: although I will probably go back to 225's when it's time to replace them.

My sway decision was based on threads in the forum. I admit not to have tested different combinations yet. I just think it might be difficult to notice a difference unless you're tracking. I'm probably going to set the rear hard and determine if it feels much different.

I don't have a vcds, sorry! I do know someone in South San Fran who might make himself available... I can ask.

who128

Ready to race!
There can be reasons for choosing 215's, such as better gas mileage, higher top speed (less rubber on the ground) and cheaper tires although for me it was purely visual (a semi-stretched look) :rolleyes: although I will probably go back to 225's when it's time to replace them.

My sway decision was based on threads in the forum. I admit not to have tested different combinations yet. I just think it might be difficult to notice a difference unless you're tracking. I'm probably going to set the rear hard and determine if it feels much different.

I don't have a vcds, sorry! I do know someone in South San Fran who might make himself available... I can ask.

oh i see, the reason why i asked bec when i went tracking i somehow bumped into a guy who has a mk5 and his car is straight up race prepped with roll cage etc etc lol. He told me i should go 25mm front & 27mm rear. He's running 27mm all around.

ehh south sf is quite far. thanks though.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
oh i see, the reason why i asked bec when i went tracking i somehow bumped into a guy who has a mk5 and his car is straight up race prepped with roll cage etc etc lol. He told me i should go 25mm front & 27mm rear. He's running 27mm all around.

ehh south sf is quite far. thanks though.
I run a Hotchkis 27 mm in the rear. $200 from Amazon, try it first before investing in anything else.

SKorea808

Ready to race!
Current Setup:
- H&R RSS Clubsport Coilovers (515lb front linear / 570lb rear linear)
- H&R 28mm FSB
- H&R 24mm RSB
- Unibrace XB
- Unibrace UB
- Unibrace RB
- 034 Motorsport Track Density Strut Mounts
- TyrolSport Deadset Rigid Front Subframe Collars
- TyrolSport Deadset Rigid Rear Subframe Collars
- ASA GT5 19x8 (BBS Matte Gold)
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 (235/35R19)

I do not recommend the tires above as they are street oriented tires but they do grip well at the limit but R Comps are a world difference in grip & precision.

/end

IMG_4017.JPG

How my car currently sits, I track at this height no problem, no rubbing or anything. 19x8 ET45
IMG_4195.JPG

Tracking at the Nurburgring
Revo Stage 3 K04 - 14.jpg
Revo Stage 3 K04 - 15.jpg
Revo Stage 3 K04 - 17.jpg

Last edited:

SKorea808

Ready to race!
Yea... I would prefer some linear springs. I want to give the XTAs a try but then why not spend $600 more for some Bilsteins. I'm 26" FTG and my right CV axle is hitting the frame when taking some turns on Thunderhill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0J5FpJZWMg

Also XTA's are on the softer side of linear springs I've seen (front only). KW had their VIP show area of all their KW variants and ST variants at the season end of StreetCulture that I just attended as a VIP/Vendor. The rears for XTA's are also progressive.