GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What tires came stock with your ride?

taylor21

Ready to race!
Mine came with Pirelli p-zero nero all seasons.

im curious because ive seen some people say they got a different brand.

johny

Got my 2.0 TDI with 16inch Michelin energy savers. A friend of mine got an identical TDI a few weeks later with 16 inch Pirelli's...
Very happy with the Michelin's. Very quiet, good grip for 16 inch (my previous MKV TDI had 17inch Conti sport contact 2's)

itgvw

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine cam with the Pirelli PZero Nero All Season (Ultra High Performance All-Season) 18's
but other OEM tires available for the GTI are
Continental ContiProContact (Grand Touring All-Season) 17s
Bridgestone Potenza RE050 (Max Performance Summer)17s/18s
Dunlop SP Sport 01 A/S (Ultra High Performance All-Season) 18s

jgs5607

Ready to race!
Dunlop SP Sport 01 A/S (Ultra High Performance All-Season) 18s on mine.

At the dealership I bought mine at, the 4 doors had the Pirellis and the 2 doors had the Dunlops when they had the 18" Detroits (which most did have, I think I saw 1 car with 17" out of the 11 cars they had at the time.)

Not sure of the logic behind that. Also, interestingly, Tire Rack survey ratings were much better for the Pirellis than the Dunlops and the Pirellis cost less (mid $130's vs mid $170's per tire, go figure) Something to keep in mind at replacement time.

woofie2

Ready to race!
Continental Extreme contacts on 17". thus far very good all season tires, but I have not found snow yet.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
^ same but i sold my wheels & tires ASAP couldnt stand 17" and all seasons :D

Rumble79

Ready to race!
Golf TDI from Toronto, Canada:
Hankook Optimo H725A sized 205/55/16 tires :thumbdown:

I sold them for $400 right away and got winter tires instead. My summer set will be going on the car in April. I can't wait. :thumbup:

Shifty1

Dunlop SP Sport 01 A/S. I would much rather have the Pirelli's. I have a four door, most of which have the Pirelli's on them. Not sure why mine doesn't.:iono:

Phenix3939

Ready to race!
I've got 18in Continental SportContact 2.

A buddy of mine has the PZeros on his GTI and says that they're terrible in the rain.