GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What was your last car?

elbles

Passed Driver's Ed
While I haven't officially joined the GTI ownership club yet, my "last" car is a 2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i. Fairly fun to drive, but tons of body roll, and despite the 50/50 AWD, it's still understeer city (though it responds to trail braking quite well). Nowhere nearly as quiet or as comfortable as a GTI either...

Before that, I had a 1990 Nissan 240SX, which was my first car. Great handling, terrible engine, and by the time I got it in 2002, terrible reliability. Lots of fun memories in that one though. Looking forward to hopefully saying the same thing about the GTI.

MrClean

Go Kart Champion
Previous ride was a 2007 Audi A4 Avant 2.0T S Line Titanium Pkg with a 6 spd manual.

Last edited:

zambrowiak

Passed Driver's Ed
97 accord (was OK)
01 accord 2d (was OK too)
02 Nissan frontier se 4×4 (fun off road and can actually haul something )
03 F 150 SVT Lightning (gas hog with serious power, l still miss that truck)
05 altima (good commuter car)
06 BMW x5 (solid n safe machine, my fiance drivers her now)
07 tundra 5.7 sr5 4×4 ( nice, big and boring truck with guts)

Last edited:

udon

Passed Driver's Ed
1998 volvo S70 (auto)
1987 volvo 740GLE (manual)

thekaptn

Ready to race!
2008 FJ Cruiser (6" Lift, 35" Tires, 4x4, Could run over my new GTI)
2007 Nissan Titan (meh)
1996 Saturn SC2 (loved it)
1995 Honda Civic (hated it)
1991 Dodge Spirit (the gray beast)

scbastv

Ready to race!
2005 SRT-4...loved the car but I managed to blow the turbo in it...:mad::mad::mad::cry:

Attachments

• the ride.jpg
    the ride.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 290

subacpw

Ready to race!
2004 wrx i put 100,000 milers on her. hope to match that with the gti.

Mestizo

Last whip was an 08 G37S with 20" Maya MRS

Before the G was a 96 Prelude, JDM H22 swap, just about the whole car was modded

MrClean

Go Kart Champion
I definitely find this thread interesting to see the automotive tastes and previous experiences prior to all of us getting together behind the following of the Mk6 GTI. :)

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
2000 Audi A4 avant (b5 chassis) 2.8L 30V. Silver, like all good audis ;)

jmchase76

What did you switch from?

And what do you think?

Okay- switching from a 2006 Saabaru 9-2x (with the 2.5L H4 Turbo).

Gotta say, I LOVED the Saab and do not regret owning it for a minute- rear bias AWD, plenty fast for anyone with common sense, and never caused me a minute of trouble-

However, for a car with less engine- the GTI pulls way harder up to 3,000 RPM- only 58 miles on the car so far, but absolutely shocked at how tractable the engine/DSG combination is esp at lower RPMs. Unfortunately this being OH in the winter I currently have cheapo 16" wheels with snows on them for the moment- Will have to hold on the handling specifics until I put the 18's with the PZeros on in a couple of months.

Also- I can listen to the stereo in peace in the GTI- refined does not even begin to describe the difference in the interior environment between the two cars- no way I'm ever going back.

I would love to hear what other people's impressions are compared to their prev rides- anybody switch from a MazdaSpeed 3?

tsigti1

Passed Driver's Ed
switched from a chipped mkv sort of a mazda speed 3 i guess...and i would just like to say i enjoy stock because of no worries of damage warranty or speeding tickets...and the interior is a lot nicer imo