GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

When was the last time you stalled on a manual transmission

JonRoth

Ready to race!
A couple years ago when I had a handed down 1999 Subaru Legacy Outback. God damn it was scary

DougDome

Go Kart Champion
I've only stalled this GTI once, and it was when I tried to take off in 3rd at a light when I first got the car.

The car itself is almost impossible to stall out of first. I think it's because of the electronic throttle which may give it more gas when the clutch is being let out. That's just me spitballing though.

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
I stalled the TDI all the time, I've stalled the R a couple times because of the hill hold assist.

MMM.PWR

Ready to race!
about a month ago, thinking "no way I'll ever stall this car" and it simply stalled on me in a parking lot (was moving way too slow)

driving stick for 7 years

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
I stalled the ms3 when I test drove it, started up a hill in 3rd by accident...:( I also stalled my gti once I wasn't thinking and didn't even realize the car was on since inside our cars are stealthy quiet. Let my foot off the clutch with the pb on (thank goodness) and just lurched forward a bit in my parking spot.

GTITX1

Ready to race!
I have never stalled my gti, since it is a DSG, but in my last car, and all my other cars, I used to do it occasionally. It was usually when I was distracted, for instance, pulling into a parking spot, then reaching for my phone, and forgetting to put the damn thing in neutral before letting the clutch out. Good thing I always had my foot on the brake pedal, but it always still scared the hell outta me.

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
like 4 months ago... was waiting to make a left, reached back to grab something and accidentally pulled my foot off the clutch... a soft stall b/c other foot was on the brake. I don't even think the people behind noticed lol

trigger_storey

Ready to race!
...sitting in line at Arby's waiting to order some food and I forgot my car was in 1st gear. Just dropped my foot right off the clutch.