GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why does the bluetooth call quality in this car suck?

DCUGTI2.0T

Ready to race!
2012 here and people tell me I'm talking too loud lol Never had a problem with the bluetooth.

Colourwolf

Ready to race!
The GF complainted about the road noise before.....no more complaint after I disconnected the Soundaktor. Wind noise on the highway is different story though.

flyguy27

Ready to race!
Ok fellas. You need to Vag com the microphone sensitivity and turn it up to at least +5db.
I did this test and adjusted up and then put it back to -2db which was my default. I had a friend help by calling him and bothering him. I conducted this test on the street and at varying speeds up to about 70mph. Solution is to leave at +5db or higher. We figured we were not raising the sensitivity of the mic, but raising the volume level of noise it would record. So now if I don't speak the caller can not tell i am even on the line because the mic only come on when it detects a louder noise e.g.. your voice instead of the small background noises. Try it out!!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Ok fellas. You need to Vag com the microphone sensitivity and turn it up to at least +5db.
I did this test and adjusted up and then put it back to -2db which was my default. I had a friend help by calling him and bothering him. I conducted this test on the street and at varying speeds up to about 70mph. Solution is to leave at +5db or higher. We figured we were not raising the sensitivity of the mic, but raising the volume level of noise it would record. So now if I don't speak the caller can not tell i am even on the line because the mic only come on when it detects a louder noise e.g.. your voice instead of the small background noises. Try it out!!

so wait, yours was better at -2db but you're saying people should put it to +5db? :confused:

tzd

Ready to race!
My 2010 Golf with 9W2 works great. I once did a 50-minute call driving on the Interstate with my iPhone 4. I did have to slow down to around 55 mph though. At higher speeds, the wind noise gets in the way even with all windows closed.

P

plac

good call, might mess with it sometime.. but 7db increase? Thats quadruple as much mic volume.. (a 3dB gain is twice as loud in stereo talk, or is it a 3db increase in sensitivity?) maybe 3-4db might be a better middle ground.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
so wait, yours was better at -2db but you're saying people should put it to +5db? :confused:

I believe he was saying he raised it from -2 to +5 and back down again to see if there was a difference. He determined that at +5 its the best balance between noise and voice transmission.

How does one go to that menu?

flyguy27

Ready to race!
I believe he was saying he raised it from -2 to +5 and back down again to see if there was a difference. He determined that at +5 its the best balance between noise and voice transmission.

How does one go to that menu?

EXACTLY! Like i said guys, the menu options says mic sensitivity, I am not sure what it is doing as far as raising or lowering sensitivity, I just know changing to +5db worked for me and I called everyone who use to complain and they were surprised, the feedback was all positive and a few even said they had no idea I was driving.:w00t:

You go to Telephone and select adaptation and scroll down the drop down list and select microphone sensitivity.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
EXACTLY! Like i said guys, the menu options says mic sensitivity, I am not sure what it is doing as far as raising or lowering sensitivity, I just know changing to +5db worked for me and I called everyone who use to complain and they were surprised, the feedback was all positive and a few even said they had no idea I was driving.:w00t:

You go to Telephone and select adaptation and scroll down the drop down list and select microphone sensitivity.

Only had one complaint with mine and that was before the SoundaKator was removed. The bluetooth in my wife's Jetta seems a bit bad, so I will defiantly go in and see if I can adjust it in hers. Might play with mine just to do it though. :D

Did you test settings in between -2 and +5? Or did you just try those two??

flyguy27

Ready to race!
Only had one complaint with mine and that was before the SoundaKator was removed. The bluetooth in my wife's Jetta seems a bit bad, so I will defiantly go in and see if I can adjust it in hers. Might play with mine just to do it though. :D

Did you test settings in between -2 and +5? Or did you just try those two??

I tested the in-between settings. I brought my laptop and vcds cable and went driving and pulled over to change settings, then called my friend while driving to get the feedback as to what sounds good. I believe it went in increments of 2, so -2,0 +2,+4 and so on. you can manually type in an odd number but it automatically saves it as one of the even number settings.

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
2010 here and works perfertly too.

Just a little tip, talk normaly, if u talk too loud, they will not understand. Do some tests with your friends. Our cars arent the best isolate car over 100mph, everybody will get the reflect to talk louder to hear yourself, its an error.

And face the road when your talk, not the phone.

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
My 2010 Golf with 9W2 works great. I once did a 50-minute call driving on the Interstate with my iPhone 4. I did have to slow down to around 55 mph though. At higher speeds, the wind noise gets in the way even with all windows closed.

Well yeah I'm talking about 70-80mph on the highway. Cruising around town and such it's fine.

IHazTurbo

Ready to race!
I have a 2010 and have people tell me I sound distant but they can hear me even with the windows partially open.