GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

will it fit......

GoLfUnV

Ready to race!
I just picked up set of 17x8 et 35. It was an impulse buy, but given the deal i got i really couldn't pass up on it.
I am just afraid it might be too of an aggressive fitment, the car is currently lowered on H&R sport spring. Is it too agressive of a fitment for the mk6? Any pics of 8 wide and ET35?

Second part of my question... I have a chance to pick up set of BFGs for the new wheels, but i am afraid that 215/45 might be too narrow for the 8 in wide wheels. Thoughts?

Last edited:

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Aggressive fitment and lowering springs don't go hand amd hand on a MK6 GTI. I highly doubt the tires will even touch the wheel arch.

ChrisChen1990

Ready to race!
It depends on what tire specs you run. I am running 18x8.5 ET35 with 215/40/18. Slightly rubs when in hard corners. But I think you will be find because you are 17x8. But definitely will have rubbing issue if you pick 225/40/18.

Davespence20

Ready to race!
When I had 18x8 et35 with 225/40 tires and rolled fenders I rubbed in the rear on hard bumps. Also on h&r sport springs at the time

nakenyon

Go Kart Champion
I would guess you would be fine with those wheels. How much do your springs drop your ride height?

GoLfUnV

Ready to race!
any of you care to show just how aggressive et35 is?
BTW i am also running hochkis f+r bar(well front one has yet to be installed), so i am hoping for less suspension travel.

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
it is going to poke quite a bit. I wouldn't run anything more than 215/45r17 for the tire. Maybe even 215/40r17 if you want to be super safe. Also roll your front fenders. You should only have very little rubbing on hard corners if you even have any. I am no fitment expert though.

Davespence20

Ready to race!
any of you care to show just how aggressive et35 is?
BTW i am also running hochkis f+r bar(well front one has yet to be installed), so i am hoping for less suspension travel.

Awful awful pic but it's all I got on my phone

Spirius

Ready to race!

pretty dirty but here's a pic from a while ago. I'm 18x8.5 on the stock 225 tires. et30. I do rub a lot at 24ftg but you should be fine

Last edited: