GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

willnando's journal - 2010 CSG GTI Build

willmk4

Go Kart Champion
Received the BFI torque mount insert I purchased from speedjunky01 yesterday :D

vrBilstein86

Ready to race!
Love the wheels and especially the color. I also have a CSG and I keep finding myself leaning towards a bronze finish...I am assuming bronze was your color of choice for wheels, but did you find this shade of bronze to be different than most when searching for a wheel?

I guess what I am asking is, did you search through many wheels to find the best Bronze that met your expectations or did you just wing it based solely on the katalog picture?

Thank you

willmk4

Go Kart Champion
Thanks man! I honestly just wanted this style of wheel, and when It came to it I found out that TSW, VMR, Neuspeed, and others had basically the same style wheel. I wanted to be different with the color. So I started looking around for different finishes. Started asking around for opinions and I kept getting, "don't do black, go with silver/gunmetal". I really liked how those looked but, basically every CSG I kept finding had the same color finish wheels.

I stumbled across the Neuspeed wheel thread and I saw that they had the RSE12s in a bronze finish so I started looking around for photos of those. Really loved how they looked. I decided, bronze all the way but I couldn't find any photos of them on a CSG. I only found 1 pic of the TSWs on vwvortex and honestly it was kind of a crappy pic, but I could see that they were a little darker than the Neuspeeds. More "bronze" I should say.

After countless hours (4342366 hours) of looking and reading about the wheels. I could see that the TSWs were more of a bronze compared to the more of a dark copper on the Neuspeeds, and also have 14 spokes instead of 12. They are forged, which makes them stronger/lighter, and I just wanted to be the first on the site with them on a CSG. Since apparently no one has them. Few do though on their DP and CW.

Overall Im really happy with them. The only thing about them is that they look really different in different lighting. At night they look matte gray, low sunlight dark gold, they're weird lol. They really pop during the day with normal sunlight out.

BTW guys moments after I took this pic, cop pulled around the other side behind me right after I turned my engine on. I put it in drive and then he turned his light on :( . It was a younger guy, he said he was just checking to see if I was okay. I thought I was going to get some sort of speech lol. Big relief :thumbup:

Last edited:

Outkasted24

Hoping to Own a GTI Soon
Thank You so much for the Pics and Specs.
Your drop is Perfect!!!

Can I ask for one last request?
Can you tell me what color the SS Springs are that are on your car, and can you also tell me what the stock number is that's stamped on the middle of the rear springs.
you won't have to jack the car up, just peek under the rear of the car and see if one of the numbers are fully visible.

I want exactly the drop you have.

willmk4

Go Kart Champion
Thank You so much for the Pics and Specs.
Your drop is Perfect!!!

Can I ask for one last request?
Can you tell me what color the SS Springs are that are on your car, and can you also tell me what the stock number is that's stamped on the middle of the rear springs.
you won't have to jack the car up, just peek under the rear of the car and see if one of the numbers are fully visible.

I want exactly the drop you have.

Thanks man!
This doesn't look like a part number.. But the only numbers on the springs are 2.900611A ?? My springs are red :D