GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Winpower 15 LED headlights - good?

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
they are the same as Ed's basically so they will most likely have the same clear coat issue eventually

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
My black Ed ones never had issues even in my climate! Just ordered these..

I always had 3M protection on them, maybe that's what helped.

well thats why cause you used 3m

mophisto

Ready to race!
I got a set and put lamin-x on them right away. They fit well, but there is zero room once installed to get the bulb access cover off - so if you have a burnt out bulb you'll be pulling them back out.
Also, if you're planning on going to LED turn signals, better do it before installing them. You need the hands of an infant to get to the bulb holder.

DaftStig86

Bump.
I am applying Lamin-x, deAutoKey LED turn signals, and 5K HID kit before installing the Winpower Euro R headlights for my '13 Wolfsburg. The past two years I've had DEPO LED lights installed with 6k HID kit. It was a pain to aim, and was a little off, but it never managed to piss anyone off. I always had problems with those whenever I washed my car with regards to condensation in the headlights, but it would go away after a couple of hours. Recently however, I have had massive condensation problems; and the consistent annoyance of the (for me) too blue color of 6K HID kit that I bought with it were too much. I look forward to updating this with pics and such of my results. I will probably do some minor touch ups as I have read other reviews of water intrusion on these headlights.