GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

With the Mk7 posting impressive numbers.. will you go ko4?

speedster

Go Kart Champion
Right, I'm saying the dyno that was posted on the previous page had numbers of 275/305... apr has 316/381 (crank hp without intake) and then 291/367 whp. If the first number above is correct, then APR's dyno reads a bit high. Even at 91 oct. it's still 281/356. One dyno either reads VERY low, or one rather high. I'd like to see more actual dyno numbers by customers to see what the real numbers are.
Keep in mind that APR measure HP at the hub not the wheel. But they use only an 8% transmission loss when relating it back to the crank so I think the crank numbers are comparable even if the wheel numbers are not.

I dynoed 300 WHP on 91 with v3.0.

speedster

Go Kart Champion
Where does it specify crank? I just see "Dyno Results" followed by a graph. Then "Reported wheel figures measured on APR's in house Dynapack Dynamometer..." It is at the very least confusing.

Mind you, I started asking because you had said they get 317whp with an intake. That with 100 octane?
They're getting 345 crank HP with exhaust and intake. With their 8% transmission loss that means they're getting 317 HP at the hub, which is usually what they mean when they quote 'WHP'. This is actually about 290 at the wheels I guess. Yeah, it is a bit confusing but measuring at the hub seems more and more common.

Last edited:

Dave10781

Go Kart Champion
Renner, can you call me and tell me what he said? :confused: My Dragon software is not working, not reading stuff back to me.

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
They're getting 345 crank HP with exhaust and intake. With their 8% transmission loss that means they're getting 317 HP at the hub, which is usually what they mean when they quote 'WHP'. This is actually about 290 at the wheels I guess. Yeah, it is a bit confusing but measuring at the hub seems more and more common.

I never saw 345 hp at the crank... where was that? I saw 317 w/o intake and 326 with it, but that doesn't specify crank or wheel.

speedster

Go Kart Champion
I never saw 345 hp at the crank... where was that? I saw 317 w/o intake and 326 with it, but that doesn't specify crank or wheel.
All those numbers are crank. The 345 HP was on APR's Facebook page from a German dealer IIRC. Quite a few of their dealers have dynod similar numbers around the world. And keep in mind this is with a tune that does not take advantage of the downpipe.

With a specific stage 2 tune, and given that the turbo on the MK7 is closer to a K04 I'll bet they can squeeze another 10 HP out of it at least. That'll put it very close to K04 MK6.

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
All those numbers are crank. The 345 HP was on APR's Facebook page from a German dealer IIRC. Quite a few of their dealers have dynod similar numbers around the world. And keep in mind this is with a tune that does not take advantage of the downpipe.

With a specific stage 2 tune, and given that the turbo on the MK7 is closer to a K04 I'll bet they can squeeze another 10 HP out of it at least. That'll put it very close to K04 MK6.

That's good if that's the case so it will be less expensive as far as mods go... now all we need to do is make sure that the engine, turbo, etc holds up and it'll be good to go

Dave10781

Go Kart Champion

That's nutty. Over a 50% increase in power vs stock rating. I bet the torque would be nutty.

speedster

Go Kart Champion
That's nutty. Over a 50% increase in power vs stock rating. I bet the torque would be nutty.
Here's the dyno on 93 octane I believe. 302 WHP (347 HP at the crank), 381.6 ft lbs torque. Pretty much exactly what I get with K04 on 91 octane.

My guess is a stage 2 tune is going to reach K04 numbers.

Last edited:

socal87

Drag Race Newbie

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
It'll be an interesting race at stage 2. Sure the mk7 has gobs and gobs of torque, and it's lighter (spec for spec), but the mk6 k04 will have the advantage with the power curve. It'll be able to hold a lower gear longer and therefore keep torque at the wheels for longer than the mk7. I'd be really interested to see the wtq/speed chart for these two. Maybe I'll mock something up if I can find mk7 gear ratios.

butchered by autocorrecr