GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 green R

zrickety

The Fixer
I tried posting on the mk7 forum with no luck. Does anyone know the official color of the green R from the Car and Driver review? Is this GTI the same color?

MTBFL1

Ready to race!
Probably. IIRC this test car was from France, but I know that in countries like UAE you can get custom colors done from the factory, kinda like what audi is doing now

zrickety

The Fixer
Possible the GTI is a wrap but I can't find anymore info. I did find a Verdant green on an Audi, apparently borrowed from Bentley.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
That is a gorgeous color. In the article they mention it is a color available only in Germany. An R in brown would look fantastic as well. An R with saddle leather seats has been spotted too on YouTube.

The Getawayer reviewed a burgundy R ( #34 below...).
He is Austrian. In the comments I asked him about it

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Agreed, that's a great color. I'm thinking I may go with an mk2 color...Montana green or capri green. Want to color change my CSG in the spring.

zrickety

The Fixer
Better pics

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Audi will mix up something similar on an S3.

zrickety

The Fixer
Got a name or a paint code??

zrickety

The Fixer
They are calling it racing green (grun) on the mk7 forum. I'm not convinced but have a couple codes to look at.

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
:eek: Now I know what color to get on my 7R....

I've always loved British Racing Green

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
See the chart I posted above. It's Racing Green.

zrickety

The Fixer
Well to update this thread, I can verify the color is Jet Green LZ6H,J6 if anyone wants to respray their car.