GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Jmules

Passed Driver's Ed
Got my double apex paddles put on. HUGE improvement over the stock ones. There goes my fuel economy....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

dubessa

Go Kart Champion
Went a little cray cray today. Had a cel after installing exhaust. No surprise really. So today I finally went apr stage two plus :D

In the process I got myself r8 coilpacks and did a little crafty work as well

And a little bit on the engine cover. Doubt that will last long though

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
Got my double apex paddles put on. HUGE improvement over the stock ones. There goes my fuel economy....

Very nice

I have S2T, huge difference over stock paddles

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion

Surprising so few people know about/add the Double Apex replacements. Everyone discusses the S2Ts or those stick on ones. These are $100 cheaper than the S2Ts in aluminum or the beautiful handmade carbon fiber I got. Adding these improves the driver "connectedness" to the transmission in a lot of ways. It's a weird oversight by VW. The BRZ has better paddles and the transmission sucks. Ones that stick on with tape are functional and all that...but these are Porsche-quality. The design also matches the steering wheel.
. As for stick on ones: there's no excuse, they look half-assed. Sure the + and - don't light up but who cares? I'd say his simple mod would fix most ppl's gripes by making M mode more effective. I have a hard time not using em.

Adding the replacements definitely hurt my gas mileage more than the tune:)

Jmules

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah the stock "paddles" are pretty disappointing. These are way more functional, and really well built. Being able to turn the wheel and hit paddles from different angles is a big improvement. I never even considered stick on ones, that seems pretty lame. I've always been an MT guy but these are pretty fun!

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Yeah the stock "paddles" are pretty disappointing. These are way more functional, and really well built. Being able to turn the wheel and hit paddles from different angles is a big improvement. I never even considered stick on ones, that seems pretty lame. I've always been an MT guy but these are pretty fun!

They probably designed the stock ones so people don't accidentally hit them, but to keep them the same for 10 years and not even give cars like the R better ones? Oh well...the new A3 doesn't even get em!

trev1342

Go Kart Champion

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Nice how long did it take them to vinyl your roof and paint the front bumper?

Ain't my roof, my good Sir! getting a blue R next summer. Red? Ugh...

erikras

Ready to race!
Dropped her off at White Wheel Aligning in Cleveland this morning to FINALLY get the alignment straightened out and have my SuperPro adjustable ball joints installed. I didn't even ask for a quote. Just told them "Do it on an hourly basis and make it as close to perfect as possible. I'm not looking for a $79 alignment. Call me with any questions." The guy who I assumed was the manager just laughed and said "That's what we do best. See you this afternoon."

I'm really hoping I didn't set myself up for a $400 invoice when I pick it up!

ducatiti

Ready to race!
These may change your minds :)

Can it be that we are all just in denial, including myself? Trying to make ourselves feel better.

Blake1090

Go Kart Champion
Damn! Looks good I'm jealous, I want!