GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Importing Scirroco

SyDiko

Ready to race!
I kinda dig those too though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I swear to goodness those old Riccos look like a compact 944s at quick glance (from the back)... :D

Phur

Autocross Champion
I can definitely see that. Honestly, I think I prefer the ‘rocco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
AS I understood from web research there may be some in Canada. I think the 17's are the last model year they will have
I know it is also getting retired after this year.

I'd even be willing to get a 2015 or16 if it is still a new car.
I even do the if I can find a two door golf left over in the US.

I really don't understand why US and Europe quit making basic two door cars. At least unless they are really sporty models that are like Audi TT's or BMW's

I wonder if I just went and got one if myself - if my car ins would cover it?

Most of the decisions to make or not make the cars is based on $, which comes from sales. So if people stop buying 2 door cars because they favor 4 door cars... likely for their increased functionality.

That, or people are size queens.

walker

Go Kart Newbie
It's a downward spiral though. 2-doors aren't available, so people don't buy them and sales numbers are low, so manufacturers don't make them, so 2-doors aren't available, so peopled don't buy them....

same problem with manual transmissions. I'm on my 3rd golf and plan to get a 4th in the future, but not if DSG is the only option.

Here's another article explaining why the US doesn't get so many cool cars. Yes, it's mostly money. But it's also stupid US government lawmakers waving their junk around instead of making common sense regulations in-line with the rest of the world.

https://jalopnik.com/a-simple-explanation-why-america-doesnt-get-european-h-1493377285

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
not going to get into a measuring contest regarding regulations. that being said, youre not wrong about the spiral effect, but you also need to acknowledge that the manufacturers are or have been running focus groups about 2d vs 4d cars - they're not making decisions blindly because they want hedge their bets on being taste makers. keeping their profit margins in mind they aim to sell as many of what will sell most instead of catering to what amounts to a minority of buyers. at the end of the day they will always put thier profit margins ahead of people like us who want feature packed MT cars in 2D. that's why minivans outsell hatchbacks time and time again - the american marketplace wants what it wants, and its not profitable to just make a bunch of everything and expect it to sell. not when cars and loan equity is so freely available.

/2CENTS