GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

gokturks

Banned
Asking Aidu auto and Upring store as I have an order from both.

Aidu auto my friend even he search same firmware . And upring store i ask many times and he say firmware already install in and come with radio we dont have any software. He was say like this

spicypiel

Ready to race!
That's what upring store seems to claim. Be nice if someone else could confirm it, though it would make sense to have a different naming scheme for testing firmware.

gokturks

Banned
That's what upring store seems to claim. Be nice if someone else could confirm it, though it would make sense to have a different naming scheme for testing firmware.
Ok but if 5515 c210 officeal updrage then how come they can install on 187B
If can install on 187B then why they sale it 187C to hight price.. same firmware same radio everything is same 187B and C. Only Hw is different .. my hw :541 but 187B

I belive dont need to ask chiness sallers because they will never sharing.

Last edited:

spicypiel

Ready to race!
Because they make profit by having exclusive access to the firmware other sellers don't have, so people will spend an extra $100 for what is just a simple software upgrade.

That's my theory. Plenty of sellers said you couldn't add android auto to older 187B units with carlife but that's proven to be a lie.

gokturks

Banned
Because they make profit by having exclusive access to the firmware other sellers don't have, so people will spend an extra $100 for what is just a simple software upgrade.

That's my theory. Plenty of sellers said you couldn't add android auto to older 187B units with carlife but that's proven to be a lie.
����������

Last edited:

gokturks

Banned
Happy buldog always sharing wrong firmware and always say i dont have time to try this, and say this is new firmware. Thats why my radio is die. But i will never try again firmware came from this guy
Now i waiting new motherboard i paid 50$ .....

spicypiel

Ready to race!
Shame no one here has the capability to flash via the debug pins on the board, that's the only safe way to try firmware that could result in bricked head units.

Egbert

This firmware version 5515 we already share and they have bug for setting bass trible its same firmware or this one have no bugs ?

And i am talking about 187B desay not 187A

Yes. I know that. It's interesting info shared for the benefit of the thread, not a reply to you specifically.

Egbert

Happy buldog always sharing wrong firmware and always say i dont have time to try this, and say this is new firmware. Thats why my radio is die. But i will never try again firmware came from this guy
Now i waiting new motherboard i paid 50$ .....

That's unfair. You have made dozens of posts asking for this version and when it was posted we were all warned it hadn't been tested. I think you were brave to take the gamble, but it's not someone else's fault.

spicypiel

Ready to race!
Well the 5314 AA build they shared worked for me so I can't criticise entirely. I'm sure if they tested it and wasn't being rushed they'd have noticed and not posted it. Gotta give people the benefit of the doubt here.

Egbert

Did you try renaming a good 5314 image to 5515 as per the trick on the Aussie page I linked to? They claim this will recover a unit bricked from a failed flash.

Curious to know if this works, since we can then test your version of 5515 more widely and will always have a way back. We may be writing this firmware off prematurely - it might work fine on other hardware versions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

spicypiel

Ready to race!
I think the problem is the unit resets itself before navigating to and starting a flashing upgrade, and that problem alone makes it risky to attempt a flash - on the off chance is reboots mid flashing...

Egbert

I think the problem is the unit resets itself before navigating to and starting a flashing upgrade, and that problem alone makes it risky to attempt a flash - on the off chance is reboots mid flashing...

Unless it keeps restarting because it’s looking to complete the upgrade package and failing because it finds a fatal error? In that situation, I think I’d try fooling it with another tarball...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro