GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Got a bunch of free tickets to the auto show from work. The last few years have been a big disappointment honestly. Not sure if I'm going to waste the time or not.

you don't want to see the STI that has a new color and badge that costs $5k more than it already does with the same motor spec from 15 years ago? Bummer... lol

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
you don't want to see the STI that has a new color and badge that costs $5k more than it already does with the same motor spec from 15 years ago? Bummer... lol

kind of wanted to see Atlas and the arteon upclose. thats bout it.

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
Broke the Carbon Fiber Front splinter snow plowing to work in the V today. That’s unfortunate. Drove the entire way in with TC off and sliding away though.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Barely any snow. Made it to work in record time.

Cruising along then all of a sudden this idiot in a 740 decides to spin out on the Edens. Clearly he had all-seasons on because he was just spinning round and round doing donuts in the middle of the expressway. I eventually got bored of watching these clowns and went around everyone on the unplowed shoulder.

LOL he was probably on summer tires.

A lot of the higher end German cars, depending on time of year, come with summers.

My buddy's Macan he bought last December had Extreme Performance Summers on it. AWD or not - that thing was terrifying to drive. He put Blizzak's on it the next week.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
LOL he was probably on summer tires.

A lot of the higher end German cars, depending on time of year, come with summers.

My buddy's Macan he bought last December had Extreme Performance Summers on it. AWD or not - that thing was terrifying to drive. He put Blizzak's on it the next week.

LMAO sounds like my former boss's SHO, came with Performance summer tires lol. He put winter wheels and tires on it the next week we had snow lol

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
^ nice.

oh wow yeah.

I wish my work network and VPN didn't block this site anymore.

Sorry for the loss.. 45 is far too young.

Moving to grattan - wow, that is amazing. I'd go every weekend.

Roy - I'd buy it for $5K if I can sell my minivan, deal?

Jim - good convo, I only lol at Mike Rowe because of his "blue collar" / "working class" appeal/image, vs what he really stands for, economically speaking. Other than that, I have actually agreed with a lot of things he's said on social issues, but when it comes to wages and some of the corporate shit, I typically disagree. All good, we both made the same "talking points" from each side, and it was a good debate. We both agree on a lot of things, even if we don't agree on the end point. Which is what I love when real people have real conversations - you can see a lot of the points and agree on them, sometimes you may just learn something, but its good to have a healthy and productive debate, regardless of whether or not you change hearts or minds.

I did deactivate FaceTube for now, just to take a break - it has nothing to do with that convo, but is about my home life, tbh.

Hope everyone is doing well. Miss a lot of you guys. When the weather warms up, really need to get everyone out to Brauerhouse or K1 or some shit, have some fun, some beers, watch FoxNews, all dat.

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
Bluecoat blocks this site for me as well at work. I forgot why. Makes it hard to keep up for me as well. I too would love to be closer to Gratan, that’s my favorite as well.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
Roy - I'd buy it for $5K if I can sell my minivan, deal?

I did deactivate FaceTube for now, just to take a break - it has nothing to do with that convo, but is about my home life, tbh.

$7,000 and it's yours. I was cleaning off the drive yesterday morning and took it down the street. This was really the first time I drove it in the snow. Holy cow the thing is a donut monster. Was able to do donuts in the middle of my street no problem. This was before the days of traction control and nannies. So nice. My truck will let me power slide but the nannies still kick in with TC off.

I dropped facetube several years ago. Much healthier for em.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
So Friday we jump in the '13 grand cherokee I have the gf driving. Thing sounds like I'm dragging a pile of chains behind the car when moving. I go, wtf is going on? Her response? "oh, I told you it was making a funny noise".

The last time she said that I drove it to the store and it was fine.

Sound like a wheel bearing. Saturday I run to the auto store and grab 2 new hubs/bearings. $250 later I start changing the one that I think is the culprit. This is the first time I have change a wheel hub before. Let me tell you something, it is quite the challenge on an older car.

First I couldn't get the rotor off. I mean I tried everything. I have never seen a rotor so stuck before and there were no threads in this rotor to try and pop off that way. Did some googling on stuck rotors and someone said to thread a bolt into the caliper mounting holes with a nut. I did that and she popped right off. Genius.

Then I couldn't get the hub out of the spindle. After an hour of struggling with that I use utube again. A couple guys said to wedge an extension and socked on the backside of the hub and a solid point of the car and use the power steering to pop it off. Well, Power steering made short work of bending my 3' extension. I cut a piece of 2x4 and called the gf down. Shes turning on the wheel and it's not pooping off. I grab my 3lb sledge and start tapping while shes turning and she brakes free finally.

WOW. I get the new hub on, take it for a ride around the block and shes silent. I think the other side is going to wait until it's not 10 degrees out.

best part was having all the snow melt and fall on me and my tools getting all wet from the slush melting.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Dang, jawn is now multi quoting again without actually quoting. I'll give it a shot.

Yeah let's do k1 again soon eh?

The snow/sludge falling all over you as it melts is one of the worst things about working on cars in weather like this. The last few weekends have been rough, took a break from working on cars this weekend. Next weekend I'm installing a k04 for someone, hopefully its not 10 out.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Dang, jawn is now multi quoting again without actually quoting. I'll give it a shot.

Yeah let's do k1 again soon eh?

The snow/sludge falling all over you as it melts is one of the worst things about working on cars in weather like this. The last few weekends have been rough, took a break from working on cars this weekend. Next weekend I'm installing a k04 for someone, hopefully its not 10 out.

Sounds terrible. It’s like the car is taking a cold runny shit on you.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
#Trollception

Status
Not open for further replies.