GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > In Car Entertainment, Electronics, Navigation, Phone (Audio / Video / Electronics / Etc..)

Old 03-02-2018, 05:48 PM   #1345
andre1990
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2012 1.6 TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbybasic View Post
Sounds like it is currently functioning as a mute button? Mine was set-up like that and I had to use VCDS to switch it over to Siri.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi bobby, yes sorta is like a mute, or reduce volume at least. Did you use vagcom to change it? Would be quite pricey for me without one for such a small change
andre1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 01:18 AM   #1346
The Red Warrior
Ready to race!

Drives: Mk5 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by andre1990 View Post
Hi bobby, yes sorta is like a mute, or reduce volume at least. Did you use vagcom to change it? Would be quite pricey for me without one for such a small change
Yes, you need VCDS (or something similar). I think it's changed in the steering wheel coding from 'mute' to 'push to talk'.

I see you're in London so you could you the mk5golfgti.co.uk forum to see if there's someone near you with VCDS. Lots of people will do small coding changes for a box of beer. I know I do!

Last edited by The Red Warrior; 03-03-2018 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Makin' it better
The Red Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 06:41 PM   #1347
HetfieldInc
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: Black 2013 Drivers Edition
When playing music from pandora or Spotify using BT only and not plugged into usb, does the display show song name and artist or does that only work when plugged into usb?

My current rns-315 shows song info when playing with BT. Does this still work with the rcd-330 plus?
APR Stage 2 v2.4 // APR tcu tune // APR Cast downpipe // Neuspeed non resonated SS catback // APR Carbonio Intake // R8 Coilpacks // Spulen dogbone insert // Smoked side markers // OEM Cherry Red Euro Tail Lights
HetfieldInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 09:35 AM   #1348
andrewspearns
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HetfieldInc View Post
When playing music from pandora or Spotify using BT only and not plugged into usb, does the display show song name and artist or does that only work when plugged into usb?

My current rns-315 shows song info when playing with BT. Does this still work with the rcd-330 plus?
Mine shows the song/artist when using BT only, from Pixel 2 XL and Amazon Music app. Haven't tried others though.
andrewspearns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 02:19 PM   #1349
veigy
Ready to race!

Drives: Octavia II
Spotify is showing Artist/Song name. Picture don't. Previous, pause and next button working too.
veigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 10:56 PM   #1350
HetfieldInc
Rally Car Newbie

I want to make sure I get the best version of this HU. I think it’s the 187b version right? And the manufacturer is Desay? Does anyone have a link to this unit? Is it better to buy from aliexpress or eBay?
APR Stage 2 v2.4 // APR tcu tune // APR Cast downpipe // Neuspeed non resonated SS catback // APR Carbonio Intake // R8 Coilpacks // Spulen dogbone insert // Smoked side markers // OEM Cherry Red Euro Tail Lights
Old 03-05-2018, 12:02 AM   #1351
HetfieldInc
Rally Car Newbie

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F282788258115

This is the one I’m looking at
Old 03-05-2018, 04:57 AM   #1352
veigy
Ready to race!

I think one of the best is 187B noname HW 534 or 541...
Old 03-05-2018, 05:24 AM   #1353
HetfieldInc
Rally Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by veigy View Post
I think one of the best is 187B noname HW 534 or 541...
Is that the one that has car play and android auto? Thereís so many different makers and versions itís hard to keep straight. I got the 187b with the VW logo and part number on it. I think itís the one that comes with Apple car play from factory and not the hacked version.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:33 AM   #1354
andrewspearns
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives:
Quote:
Is that the one that has car play and android auto? Thereís so many different makers and versions itís hard to keep straight. I got the 187b with the VW logo and part number on it. I think itís the one that comes with Apple car play from factory and not the hacked version.
I've got a pretty limited post history, but if you look at mine you'll find a link to the one I bought and then upgraded to get Android Auto. Picked it up on eBay, it arrived quickly, and then I was able to upgrade pretty easily. I can send you links to the firmware too if you PM me.
andrewspearns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 10:27 AM   #1355
veigy
Ready to race!

There are many FW with AA and CP for noname 187b.
Old 03-05-2018, 10:42 AM   #1356
HetfieldInc
Rally Car Newbie

Damn. It looks like the one I ordered “desay” manufacturer doesn’t have any firmware upgrades so I can’t add android auto, which isn’t a big deal since I use iPhone.

The only thing that I would have done is upgrade to the red theme so that all the screens better match the interior. I saw the red theme on rcd330plus.com

Anyone know why there isn’t any firmware for the desay model?
Old 03-05-2018, 05:56 PM   #1357
FndrStrat06
Go Kart Champion

Drives: Black 2014 GTI Wolfsburg Edition
Quote:
Anyone know why there isnít any firmware for the desay model?
I think it has slightly different hardware, just enough that any old upgrade firmware won't work. For what it's worth, I believe the Desay units have the fewest weirdo bugs that a lot of these things have...
FndrStrat06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 09:28 AM   #1358
1616sixx
Ready to race!

Drives: 2009 Mk6 2.0 GT TDI
Has anyone added an Echo Dot to their Golf to work alongside their unit?
1616sixx is offline   Reply With Quote