GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Farroad FRD26 tires

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Yet again.. i bare my skin knowing I'm going to be smashed. .I'm ok with that lol..:lol:

SO... I went looking for Cooper or Firestone's and my tire guy is telling me I should really look at these tires.
load index 95, W speed rating, UTQG 320-A-A, dedicated summer tire that weighs in around 24lbs.

Got quoted $400 Cdn installed vs $775 Cdn for Firestone Indy 500. Price aside I'm wondering if it's worth the gamble. :confused::iono:

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Yet again.. i bare my skin knowing I'm going to be smashed. .I'm ok with that lol..:lol:

SO... I went looking for Cooper or Firestone's and my tire guy is telling me I should really look at these tires.

load index 95, W speed rating, UTQG 320-A-A, dedicated summer tire that weighs in around 24lbs.

Got quoted $400 Cdn installed vs $775 Cdn for Firestone Indy 500. Price aside I'm wondering if it's worth the gamble. :confused::iono:

Lol you get what you pay for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torga

Autocross Champion
A summer tire without AA traction? Hard pass. If you're going summer, might as well get the sticky icky.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Lol you get what you pay for.

there is no bigger truth, than what you just stated. :laugh:
but seriously... I'm tempted
Anyone hear of them or tried them. Loved/hated/indifferent?

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
there is no bigger truth, than what you just stated. :laugh:

but seriously... I'm tempted

Anyone hear of them or tried them. Loved/hated/indifferent?

Have literally never heard of that brand. Betting the dude has a set he bought for a customer and needs to unload it.

Turbosharef

Go Kart Newbie

im also from toronto, and i order all my tires from 4tires.ca which is based in quebec, check them out first for prices

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Best Chinese tire money can buy. Man I'd run away from those. I don't believe tires are something one should cheap out on.

torga

Autocross Champion
Best Chinese tire money can buy. Man I'd run away from those. I don't believe tires are something one should cheap out on.
Agreed; always buy the best tires you can afford. They're the only thing between you and the road.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Agreed; always buy the best tires you can afford. They're the only thing between you and the road.

This. Buy the right size too. Stretched tires aren’t cool or safe lol

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
i hear ya... was looking to see if anyone overheard of them cause.. new names iono

The owner has them on his '18 340, wife has the passenger version on her Cherokee...
If there was good feedback out there maaaybe I would be the guinea pig but, (now if I had a Honda or Corolla)

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
This. Buy the right size too. Stretched tires aren’t cool or safe lol

I had a mild stretch with the 8.5in wheels with 225/40/18 and it wasn't too bad. Still drove aggressive with no issues. Now people who do an extreme stretch have me scratching my head.
Whats the point? :confused:

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I had a mild stretch with the 8.5in wheels with 225/40/18 and it wasn't too bad. Still drove aggressive with no issues. Now people who do an extreme stretch have me scratching my head.

Whats the point? :confused:

Yeah I’d say that 225 on 8.5 isn’t bad. The 205 on a 9.5 inch wheel I’ll never understand. So fucking dumb. All for scene points and Instagram likes imo.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Yeah I’d say that 225 on 8.5 isn’t bad. The 205 on a 9.5 inch wheel I’ll never understand. So fucking dumb. All for scene points and Instagram likes imo.

those are the same guys who're calling up the tire company :iono: saying the tire failed.. smh

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
lol I have those tires. Got them from markam and sheppard tire place.....whats the name............premier wheels direct. I have no issues with them but I got the 2.5L, but again I do go 140km on highway and they are not loud or anything.

torga

Autocross Champion

I'm still split on putting a 225 or 235 on my future 9" wheels. Pretty much a fitment issue. I know the rear will be fine because I've got 9.5" with 235 right now. But my fronts are 8.5" with 225 and idk if 9" with 235 will rub.
Absolutely no rubbing now, though.