GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RAI Oxygen Sensor Adjustable Spacer

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Don't believe everything they tell you. Gunkata couldn't get his CEL off without the 42dd spacer.

Also, how many AWE DP owners utilize software that turns off the CEL? Aren't you going to be in that same exact position unless you request the non-readiness delete file?

Dave

I'd like to comment on this in regards to Gunkata's issue.

I'm not a certified mechanic. I dont have a nice piece of paper that tells me that, but I do know how to work a wrench. I installed the APR downpipe first go around with no leaks whatsoever and almost no regard to orientation or meticulously finessing it. Its a slap and go deal. Same with the 02 sensors. That should be the real design intent.

If I have to hold my balls, squint my eyes, rub a magic lamp, molest my sister, finger check a hobo and hold my tounge in the right way to install a downpipe to not have a CEL, thats puuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrreeeeeeee bullshit. The designing for manufacturing philosphy is all wrong here. It places accountability into the hands of an individual which in turn is EASY to reject any sort of warranty claim by a non certified ASME mechanic. Does my Mechanical engineering degree count? Or my automotive experience, I merely ask because we write the manuals and training procedures that the service managers and employees read and make their paychecek off of.

Lets say this. If I was to purchase a AWE Downpipe. Place it on my K04 with a non test pipe file and still got a CEL, who would hold accountability? would that ultimately null and void and warranty I could have EVEN AFTER the before mentioned? Lets not forget I also installed my K04, FMIC, Downpipe, Suspension, intake....etc.etc.etc.

Or...let's just realize that the quest for non-CEL high flo downpipes is an uphill battle that might never be won.

Give me a 3" (or 2.75" for that matter) downpipe with 1600 cells and flows the same as a catless downpipe, I will place my money down in cash in $20 bills.

crew219

Banned
ahh Uni..ya i forgot. so they just used an old design for a different car and tweaked it a bit? no wonder it fit so shitty. wonder how many people here actually run that downpipe..

so Stasis (old Eurojet) not only lowered the quality of the downpipe regarding appearance as well as thinner metal, they also BLOCKED uni from selling the nicer looking better made downpipe. what a crock.

They simply made the cat portion swappable between MKIV & MKV/VI downpipes. The original Eurojet downpipes were not v-banded, later on in the production cycle, they opted to streamline the manufacturing by producing pieces that would work on multiple platforms.

Dave

P

plac

what downpipe wet dreams are made of.

crew219

Banned
I'd like to comment on this in regards to Gunkata's issue.

I'm not a certified mechanic. I dont have a nice piece of paper that tells me that, but I do know how to work a wrench. I installed the APR downpipe first go around with no leaks whatsoever and almost no regard to orientation or meticulously finessing it. Its a slap and go deal. Same with the 02 sensors. That should be the real design intent.

If I have to hold my balls, squint my eyes, rub a magic lamp, molest my sister, finger check a hobo and hold my tounge in the right way to install a downpipe to not have a CEL, thats puuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrreeeeeeee bullshit. The designing for manufacturing philosphy is all wrong here. It places accountability into the hands of an individual which in turn is EASY to reject any sort of warranty claim by a non certified ASME mechanic. Does my Mechanical engineering degree count? Or my automotive experience, I merely ask because we write the manuals and training procedures that the service managers and employees read and make their paychecek off of.

Yes! You absolutely need to! :D

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
P

plac

Give me a 3" (or 2.75" for that matter) downpipe with 1600 cells and flows the same as a catless downpipe, I will place my money down in cash in $20 bills.

i think i just blew a load into my boxer-briefs.

but i think they whole reason no one will put in 1600 cells worth of cats is because it WON'T flow the same as the 200-300 cell cats.. a pipe is indeed a pipe. the flow differences are mainly in the cat changes.

PS.. 2.75" for me. Let's hire a company, pay $20,000, and get the golden downpipe made.

i miss my downpipe as you can tell. its sitting in my closet. it helps not to miss it so much when i don't look at a CEL every day. but i still miss it. and i think my UR is a lost cause for spacer work because of that unadjustable untouchable pinhole they conveniently include for you. i would want to try another downpipe. but NONE interest me.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
i think i just blew a load into my boxer-briefs.

but i think they whole reason no one will put in 1600 cells worth of cats is because it WON'T flow the same as the 200-300 cell cats..

eggggggggggggggggggggg zachly

EDIT: Saw your edit.....lets do it!

EDIT: EDIT: Even a 3" That flows the same as a 2.75" would be nice as well. Make it 800cell

crew219

Banned
P

plac

And what you get now:

looks like piss in comparison. there will never ever be another downpipe as nice looking as the first Eurojet. so people remember that. it has spoiled it for a lot of us for any future purchases. Maybe I'll start working on my custom downpipe built from scratch. I know a really good exhaust shop in my town. And I could use the UR as a template and make changes to have it be even better.

First step will be sourcing a turbo flange. but it won't be as huge and bulky as the UR one. That is way bigger than needed, and just makes it harder to fit when installing.

it would probably be a eurojet flange shape which is small and to the point.

The UR flange is a little thin on one side as you can see:

Last edited:
P

plac

eggggggggggggggggggggg zachly

EDIT: Saw your edit.....lets do it!

EDIT: EDIT: Even a 3" That flows the same as a 2.75" would be nice as well. Make it 800cell

i would want the 2.75", you know how i feel about low end and even noise. Thats why i do like some aspects of the AWE downpipe.

P

plac

MAKE IT... and I will pay $1000. but you also have to fix the mount pegs so they don't stretch everything out.

NewToVW

Automotive Ninja
Also, how many AWE DP owners utilize software that turns off the CEL? Aren't you going to be in that same exact position unless you request the non-readiness delete file?

i think he plans to stay stage 1 which is most peoples intention when they buy the AWE downpipe.

If I have to hold my balls, squint my eyes, rub a magic lamp, molest my sister, finger check a hobo and hold my tounge in the right way to install a downpipe to not have a CEL, thats puuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrreeeeeeee bullshit.

Lets say this. If I was to purchase a AWE Downpipe. Place it on my K04 with a non test pipe file and still got a CEL, who would hold accountability? would that ultimately null and void any warranty I could have EVEN AFTER the before mentioned? Lets not forget I also installed my K04, FMIC, Downpipe, Suspension, intake....etc.etc.etc.

Or...let's just realize that the quest for non-CEL high flo downpipes is an uphill battle that might never be won.

My car: CCTA, k04, AWE dp, APR non-testpipe file, no CELs, all readiness passed, stupid power for over a year. I had no CELs when I was Stage I/II as well for years.

crew219

Banned
My car: CCTA, k04, AWE dp, APR non-testpipe file, no CELs, all readiness passed, stupid power for over a year. I had no CELs when I was Stage I/II as well for years.

CCTA in California? Did you buy it out of state?

NewToVW

Automotive Ninja
Yes sir. Good eye.

Thumper

Autocross Champion

See, this is why we need to clarify this discussion between the CCTA and the CBFA.

This is also why I am starting to SERIOUSLY wonder if I would be better off giving up on this car for now and waiting until I move to CO this year and plan to pick up a CCTA when the 13s roll out and just take the hit on depreciation. Not likely, but that's how annoying this is.

I plan to go to Stage 2 anyway, but I am still looking at having to swap my DP each time I need to have an emissions test because of the readiness code.