GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

resilientsoma

Go Kart Champion
Removed the hatch latch assembly (see a diy for rear view camera install), popped off the VW emblem with a credit card and plastic trim tools. Masked the hatch assembly with some newspaper. Sprayed one coat of rust-oleum plastic primer. Then 5-6 layers dupli-color "perfect match" candy white followed by 4-5 layers dupli-color clear coat. In certain light the dupli-color isnt an exact match... a touch off/yellow. But its pretty damn close, and separated by the VW logo and cast with shadows so good enough for the $20 some bucks I spent. If I did it again I would have done a couple more layers of clear. Or waited 24 hours to assemble and buffed ...

Thanks man will look into this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

speed

Ready to race!
went for a carwash this morning.

quick question, any of you guys noticed that when you roll up the window, trapped dirt from the sides goes with it leaving nasty lines of dirt? (hopefully no scratches)

btinder

Passed Driver's Ed

quick question, any of you guys noticed that when you roll up the window, trapped dirt from the sides goes with it leaving nasty lines of dirt? (hopefully no scratches)

Yes, very annoying. Usually not dirt though, more often just water streaks.

speed

Ready to race!
Yes, very annoying. Usually not dirt though, more often just water streaks.

I basically had a dirty window and went to the carwash. lol! well some cat steps on my roof as well.

there's supposed to be some sort of rubber to block dusts, water,etc. from getting thru that window canal.

ATC2

Ready to race!
Adjusted coilovers, seriously considering KO-4 & down pipe.
Please talk me out of it...!

Johnny Two Tone

Ready to race!
Installed blind-spot mirrors. I'm not sure I like the blue-tint. It looks crystal clear in sun light, and it certainly lessens the glare of vehicles behind you at night, but for regular and low light it just has the sunglasses effect that I'm not a fan of on mirrors.

Oh, for the love of God don't follow ECS Tunings video on how to remove the old mirrors. My mirrors were damn near welded in place making them largely impossible to remove without cracking the ever loving p*ss out of them. The video makes it look like you can just pull from the extended end. Ya, right.

Adamse7en

Ready to race!

Yeah I have dust streaks on my windows all the time. My car can never stay clean for more than a day for some reason. :mad0259:

Lou Maiuri

Banned

Full detail for Waterfest courtesy of myself.

spiker369

on air, don't care
Thinking about pulling the gun and ordering a euro switch from ecstuning but $85 seems super steep. >< Anyone have any other suggestions for a site to order from?