physics / aerodnamics maybe?

SLAP ON A WING, YO!

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
Pics or it didn't happen.

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
Drag.

Assuming a more-or-less constant drag coefficient, drag will vary as the square of velocity. Thus, the resultant power needed to overcome this drag will vary as the cube of velocity. The standard equation for drag is one half the coefficient of drag multiplied by the fluid mass density, the cross sectional area of the specified item, and the square of the velocity.

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
Lol I was messing with a Benz e63 AMG and he kept going and I couldn't!!! Lol... It was a blast. EXTREMELY DUMB AND DANGEROUS! Pissed me off but made me love my car more taking the curves of the highway at 140!!! Benz Had to brake!! Or he hit some lose road and got scared and ten the rest he slowed Dow. The first curve he got squirly and broke lose a little!!

E-Dawg

Passed Driver's Ed
You need VTEC to kick in! Or do like the Honda guys do by adding 50 pounds worth of decals that add 50 horsepower and deletes the speed govenor..lol

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion

serge1

Ready to race!
I believe the gearing is limited to 149

Euro-spec GTIs (same gearing as US-spec) have a top speed of 149 mph @ 6000 rpm. They are limited by drag, not gearing

You need VTEC to kick in! Or do like the Honda guys do by adding 50 pounds worth of decals that add 50 horsepower and deletes the speed govenor..lol

Top speed on my late '92 Civic VTi was 146mph (GPS) with just 160bhp, thanks to the B16's ability to reach 8,000+ rpms in top gear. FYI, Hondas aren't speed governed.

Why does it stop climbing!!! Im stg2 apr... Thought there was no governor!!!

Something's wrong here. You should be able to go past 140mph with Stage-2.