GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RNS-315 Navigation MFI Display

hoonkim0

Hi,

I just added RNS-315 to my GTI 2013.
It seems everything works fine, but, I found an issue with MFI direction display. Actually, it displays the previous turn I already made... sometimes.. (actually quite often).

I mean RNS-315 and MFI are displaying different directions. This makes me so confusing. See attached pictures.

Anyone had similar issues? I am wondering if the navigation map update can help to solve it.

RNS-315 (Manufacturer P/N 1K0035274B)
Software version : 0265
Hardware version : H35
Navigation Data version : 0002 NAR_02

pic1.JPG

BarryT82

Go Kart Champion
Did you disconnect the position sensor in the headliner and remove it with vcds from the install list?

hoonkim0

I didn't remove the compass module. And, I didn't change VCDS things.
Could you let me know how to get VCDS software ?

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
I didn't remove the compass module. And, I didn't change VCDS things.
Could you let me know how to get VCDS software ?

Did you at least diconnect the compass? You'll need to do that for it to operate correctly.

This (http://store.ross-tech.com/shop/VCuCAN.html) is the cable that will work for your car. Or you could go in the regional forums and get a local to help you out for a small fee. Or go to your local tuner.

I'm guessing disconnecting the compass will solve most of your issues though.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Where exactly is the compass? I'm putting an RNS-315 in my car soon, too.

Under the rear headliner. It's like velcroed to the roof. Take off that back top panel and you can wedge your hand in there enough to pull it out, disconnect it, and throw the wire back in. It takes all of 5 minutes.

hoonkim0

Removed GPS sensor. Seems it saved the day. Now it seems MFI displays all the directions correctly.
I haven't done VCDS setting changes. What can I expect more by VCDS setting.

It is an optional task?