GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
dang. I thought dubya and I had racecars :(

Why did you make me do all of this then dubya? WHY?

^

" keep modding, Jay!! bigger brakes! even bigger turbo! do suspension!! RAMZ!! intakes!!! fucking mounts, bro!!!!!!

oh, its just a street car really. "

guy unfriended me after he moved to TX for not inviting him to an IL car club that he never participated in when he lived in IL. :confused:

#unfriendgate2018

^

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
insulting?

yeah, there are some basic "rules" or "decorum" of typical ball busting your buddies on lame shit like the weather, car discussions, or whatever, and a big difference than getting personal about shit, that's just known to most people who have some fucking decency.

Please send pdf of insults handbook

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Please send pdf of insults handbook

I will have to, I guess. Could say some mean ass shit about you, but that's different than talking about cars and joking about whatever. I don't get what you're not getting here... whatever, its been par for the course i guess. It's just shitty, dude.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
The fuq happened in here?

I go away for like 2 hours to get coffee and attend a few meetings and come back to popcorn on the floor and Dubya and Gun pouting in opposite corners!?

Can't I leave you guys alone for 2 hours without coming back to disaster?

Don't make me turn this post around. Because I will.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
The fuq happened in here?

I go away for like 2 hours to get coffee and attend a few meetings and come back to popcorn on the floor and Dubya and Gun pouting in opposite corners!?

Can't I leave you guys alone for 2 hours without coming back to disaster?

Don't make me turn this post around. Because I will.

Zero pouting by the Dubya :wub:

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Eh, when he's putting down faster laps than cars with RWD like BRZ's with good tires, C5/C6 vettes, moostangs, etc, its a "race car" to me.

I've driven jays car before the suspension work - thing accelerates very smoothly and is very quick. With the suspension, it will be even better.

DE days are hard to compare cars, because so much of it is driver.

I used to pass by GT3s in my 944. I made a video once of the collection of GT3 point-bys I used to get.

That doesn't mean my 944 was faster than the GT3. It meant the GT3 driver sucked lol.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
The day the new Supra sells for 45-50k MSRP is the day I.... man I don't even know.

Unless the new Supra is gonna be a lame brain turd.... the Mk4's were selling for high 40s new, 20 years ago (the Turbo anyways). I bet the new one (the performance version) will start in the high 50s at minimum, and ones on lots will be 60+.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
The day the new Supra sells for 45-50k MSRP is the day I.... man I don't even know.

Unless the new Supra is gonna be a lame brain turd.... the Mk4's were selling for high 40s new, 20 years ago (the Turbo anyways). I bet the new one (the performance version) will start in the high 50s at minimum, and ones on lots will be 60+.

I mean caymans and m2’s are ~$55k and they’re the bench mark, so it’d be silly to be above that price wise.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
As for Teh Jay's car... I have not driven it. I do get paranoid driving other people's cars on track... but maybe someday I'll take him up on his offer.

And a FWD can definitely be made tail happy. Hell my wife's GTI, 100% box stock, was pretty tail happy IMO the last time I AX'd it. Dive into a turn hard, flick the wheel and lift the throttle - and the tail comes right around.

The challenge, and where some of my paranoia comes from - is how to correct/react to it when it comes around. Fundamentally, I understand you generally want to add power, a bunch of it, to have the front "pull" you forward and straighten the car out. I haven't tracked a FWD car in so long I worry I'll just get myself into trouble.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
DE days are hard to compare cars, because so much of it is driver.

I used to pass by GT3s in my 944. I made a video once of the collection of GT3 point-bys I used to get.

That doesn't mean my 944 was faster than the GT3. It meant the GT3 driver sucked lol.

I have a video of me passing a ton of porsches. I show it to gridlife folk to make them think I'm a pro racecar driver.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Not saying I know anyone who actually does that or anything.....As long as people on the internet believe it, it has to be true :rolleyes:

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I mean caymans and m2’s are ~$55k and they’re the bench mark, so it’d be silly to be above that price wise.

Maybe?

I dunno about M2's but good luck actually finding a brand new base Cayman for $55k.

When I was trying to replace the wife's first Boxster last summer, MotorWerks was gonna cut me a deal, at invoice pricing, on a new base Boxster. It was pretty low option - 6sp man pedal, nav, and sports chrono, and their price was like $60k. Boxsters are cheaper than the Caymans.

Status
Not open for further replies.