GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Amazon / AA Ignition aftermarket R8 coil packs

stinkycheese

Hey all, I searched and didn't see this question specifically. Apologies if it's already been addressed.

AA ignition sells "replacement" R8 red top coil packs on amazon. I didn't read the description closely enough and bought these thinking they were genuine OEM. The reviews look promising, though. Any thoughts on the quality of these? Should I return and get real OEM?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ISHCYSC?psc=1

Jared32

Ready to race!
I'd run them!

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
I bought aftermarket R8 coils from Napa auto parts. They were pretty bad and quality was well below what i would think is "okay". You can find OEM coils for around $100. I would recommend going OEM. When it comes to coils/plugs OEM or high quality parts are the best way to go.

zrickety

The Fixer
Only a few extra bucks to get the real ones from a reputable dealer online. NAPA mostly sells junk in my experience.

Cbell3186

Ready to race!
I agree, cancel it. Especially electronics, you get what you pay for. I feel like the knockoff R8s would be on par with stock GTI coils. You'll probably replace them again if you went with the knock offs.

o_seal

Passed Driver's Ed
I bought these. They worked great after I installed them but until that same night they started malfunctioning. My car would hesitate a lot when trying to run over 2k rpm. These have a 2 year warranty but instead I just sent them back to Amazon for a refund and bought OEM R8 coilpacks instead so I don't deal with headaches again. It's better to spend the extra cash for OEM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk