GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any Track Rats Still Active?

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
It's not so much about losing time, it's about the fact that you'll burn through tires after a couple track days because the outside tread block takes an absolute beating. Proper brake / suspension mods >> power mods at the track. If you need evidence look no further than Miatas and BRZ/FRS at the track.

no im not doubting camber is important, im just telling him to get an intercooler. Few wot's at the track you find yourself getting passed in the straights by cars you freight trained a lap before.

Obviously camber and intercooler is ideal . losing 20 whp is pretty gnarly.

Miata is always the answer, so impressive when you get a nicely cambered out wide tire miata infront of you around a turn..they stick like glue. Those exit speeds. :drool:

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Proper suspension is way more important than an intercooler in my opinion. I wish I built my car in a different order with what I know now. Oh well.

For a track car yes agreed 100%

Das we're going to get you an intercooler this year .

zef

Drag Racing Champion

zef

Drag Racing Champion
My car is in the process of getting painted and I gotta wait 60 days to clear bra it so looks like track season is going to start a little late for me.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
O wow. You buy it for my birthday??
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes yes i will if i must.
VIR, Road America.
VIR ill agree.

RA i will respectfully disagree that it is a boring track if not in a high horsepower car or indy. Take my opinion with a grain of salt, as i have not driven it in real life..its quite boring in anything less than 250-300 hp on a sim. I also feel the same way about COTA. (handshake)

What tracks are you trying to hit up this year? edit: and whats your local track?

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Yes yes i will if i must.

VIR ill agree.

RA i will respectfully disagree that it is a boring track if not in a high horsepower car or indy. Take my opinion with a grain of salt, as i have not driven it in real life..its quite boring in anything less than 250-300 hp on a sim. I also feel the same way about COTA. (handshake)

What tracks are you trying to hit up this year? edit: and whats your local track?

Sweet. Pming address

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zef

Drag Racing Champion

Going to hit Lime Rock, New York Safety Track, Palmer, Cannan, Thompson and maybe 1 other one this year. Looking to try and fit at least 5-6 events this year...hopefully more.

Thompson and Lime Rock are more "local", but our clubs travel all over New England.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Road America has an adrenaline factor to it which makes it fun. Either your putzing around and being safe which isnt fun at all, or youre semi pushing the car which means catastrophe if you error being there are walls waiting to ruin your day at every turn. Taking risks knowing the consequences is part of the fun and when you execute perfectly the reward(fun) is greater.

zsm722

Ready to race!
@ ZSM...whats a guy gotta do to get a ride along or a parade lap around Laguna Seca in your car? literally my dream to drive laguna seca. 32 hour drive one way for me :(

B e a utiful car <3

Thanks man,

I also haven't done Laguna Seca yet, I tried to a few months ago but couldn't get in off the waitlist. I actually live in OC now so logistically it isn't easy.

No joke, if you are serious, you can come out to the track and we can go do some laps around Buttonwillow, WSIR, or Chuckwalla, or Autoclub. I don't mind having passengers.

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Slowly getting the suspension dialed in before the first track day later this month.
With the SuperPro adjustable ball joints and lowered on DG springs, I was only able to get the camber to -1.55°. On the bright side, it is even left to right. :eek:

Last edited:

AnchorsAweigh

Go Kart Champion
Getting mine ready for a year full of events, Just did clutch, TOB, RMS and swapped out transmission fluid.

Next week it goes in for Firehawk indy 500s

I have some HPS pads in route with new rotors and RBF600 fluid which I'll also be doing next week.

30 March will be my first autoX in my MK6, used to use my MKIV R32 for that.

After that I'll be hitting the Milwaukee Mile a few times this year, Road America in May, Mid Ohio in June I think? Autobahn in Joliet, IL at some point and then a road trip to Cali with a day at Laguna Seca in September. Hopefully going to squeeze a gingerman trip in also. Also I'll be hitting the FIRM in Florida in April.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Getting mine ready for a year full of events, Just did clutch, TOB, RMS and swapped out transmission fluid.

Next week it goes in for Firehawk indy 500s

I have some HPS pads in route with new rotors and RBF600 fluid which I'll also be doing next week.

30 March will be my first autoX in my MK6, used to use my MKIV R32 for that.

After that I'll be hitting the Milwaukee Mile a few times this year, Road America in May, Mid Ohio in June I think? Autobahn in Joliet, IL at some point and then a road trip to Cali with a day at Laguna Seca in September. Hopefully going to squeeze a gingerman trip in also. Also I'll be hitting the FIRM in Florida in April.

Gosh, for road course I would run at least HP+ , when I first started I tried both and it was night and day. The HP+ warm up quick enough you could use them for autox too. The HPS did not hold up well on road course, ok first session but after that they started to give way. HP+ never faded and I usually get 4-5 session in. HPS is what I run for the street and love them.

Just my experience after 11 years with my car. Still running Hawk HPS all around on my street setup and I drop in the HP Blues up front for track.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Indy 500s are going to get greasy very quick on track. Speaking from personal experience. Would highly recommend a more aggressive tire. The Indy 500 is a fantastic summer tire for the street and even autocross, but not really good for the track.