GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ForgeMotorSport/GIAC Powered GTI Presents Projext KO4

Haiiro GTi

Ready to race!
Yea Im not trying to hate, just seems like you are defying the laws of physics. What did you do that gained 50"whp" from a couple months back?

With general consensus that would be like 450whp+ on a dynojet. Again not trying to stir the pot but the mustang dyno is great for tuning but to easy to be manipulated even if by accident. As show below.

No prob bro. Im cool with hearing what everyone thinks. From last dyno"379whp" new "OEM CHRA" new timing chain tensioner and chain guides and boost at 25psi. new plug and oil.

Haiiro GTi

Ready to race!
so now you're mixing in e85? idk what is life anymore.

Yes mix 3 gals of 100oct with 2 gals of e-85. then that mix goes in to a small 2 gal container that i use for dyno or when going to track.

Don't see the harm seeing the the fuel system can handle 50% of e-85.

Avant

Ready to race!
I agree, I don't see how that is physically possible with a k04 and I'm having a lot of trouble understanding this. Comparing to similar setups there's a Unitronic tuned k04 GTI with meth, a port & polish, larger compressor wheel, forge WG and so on. That car made around 390whp on a Dynojet and ran 11.6 at 119.92mph. http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69311
You made 430whp on a mustang dyno (without fueling on pump gas + meth with a k04 :confused:) which reads significantly lower than a Dynojet yet you ran 12.1 at 114.9. Just look at the 1/4 mile thread and look at what people run vs the power they make... does not compute. I understand there are many other factors that go into it but DAMN, that is a big difference given the numbers. Are you manual or DSG? I'm not trying to hate, this project is awesome and your 1/4 mile results are great, I'm just a little confused because the dyno numbers make no sense to me. 430 crank hp would make a lot more sense. I know I sound like one of this paper racer is the VS section but I'm a bit lost here lol, maybe I'm missing something :confused:

Actually.. yeah you make a good point.

Go to another Mustang dyno lol.

Also, you probably need a Wavetrac for faster times lol. Or grippier slicks.

Haiiro GTi

Ready to race!
but who's tuning the car for e85? you sure you're not leaning tf out of it for a few dyno numbers?

Hahahaha cmon son!

I have logs on top of logs. And have good relationship and communicate with GIAC prob more than they would like hahahaha Im sure they are tired of me by now hahahahaha :happyanim: on dyno fuel was around 12.1-12.2 a/f.

And thinking about it but niot sure if it helps much but i did also replace the tai cam follower and fuel filter and lines in the engine bay. oh and also did injector seals because i clean the valves few months ago.

Haiiro GTi

Ready to race!
Actually.. yeah you make a good point.

Go to another Mustang dyno lol.

Also, you probably need a Wavetrac for faster times lol. Or grippier slicks.

Im on slicks now. The passes i did last week was just to see what pump gas would do and if car was really maken power, see if dyno was anything near the truth. last pass tire were at 12psi and i cut a 1.92. I know if i can cut 1.82 with my trap speed as they are i can run a 11.8 or 11.9 on pump gas. and if it gets colder trap speed might go up just a little. :thumbsup:

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
Whats up bro. I started at 19psi on the 14.@114.5 run and got down to 12psi on the 12.111@114.7 pass :thumbsup:

Got word my input shaft will be here this week. Gonna rebuild the tranny and install the LSD this weekend. Waiting on my clutch to get rebuilt. Probably 2 weeks out from rolling around again. 1/4 mile is closed for the year around here, so gonna go to the 1/8 mile for shakedown runs in early December after clutch break in is done.

Really psyched to see how you are gonna run once you get the car on race gas. :thumbup:

Did you sign up to goto the Florida half mile in January?

TRBO FRK

Ready to race!
Good job on the build. If you don't mind answering. How much did you pay for the OEM Borg Warner CHRA. I need to source one and can't seem to find it.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
MIND.... BLOWN....

Wow man thats madness..... like holy shit..... lol