GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MOT light conversion ?

ONLYNAVW

I have a 2011 GTI, and installed the R20 LED tail lights, ran the trigger wire, and recoded for the rear fog. BUT now that I did that my front park lights aren't working any ideas?

valeoray

Ready to race!
There is a separate trigger wire for the park lights. Did you run this one?

GTI Ichiban

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you mean that your city lights are not working with your headlights on? Since your at Lakenheath, I assume that your car is U.S. spec. These cars cannot run city lights only without the trigger wire and a euro switch. Are you sure that it's not a coding issue? BTW it's RAFL not LAFB, this isn't Murica ;)

Last edited:

Eat_My_Shorts

Ready to race!
My GTI will be arriving next week, I have been wanting to do the LED tails but can only find info for fog on left side.

Where did you get the right fog light and how did you wire it? Once again only found what wires to change for left rear fog not right.

Eat_My_Shorts

Ready to race!
Forgot about this thread
http://golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48822

Rear fog / Reverse:
LHD: Left Fog - C/47, Right Reverse - C/28
RHD: Right Fog - C/47, Left Reverse - C/28
US (no fogs, two reverse): Left Reverse - A/28, Right Reverse - C/28
Trigger: pin 7 at switch to A/17

Is this what you did?
In reading http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...thout-Rear-Fog , it seems logical to me to take the wire from C28 and plug it into C47. It appears the C47 plug provides power to the rear fog light. By plugging the wire from C28 (the wire that goes to the right side rear backup light) to C47, you should have it working. You might have to plug the wire at A28 back to C28 to have your left side backup light continue working. Essentially, you're following the same instructions as per the thread above, but you're switching the left and right reverse bulb wires around.

Or do I only need to get the trigger wire, and connect it to C47?

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
I dont know who is who on here but the guy with the lowered black GTI with a black rear VW emblem with LED REARS(Mine is non LED) retro fitted his. He works @ Moldyhole live in Lakengreif. He has Vag Com. He is on here sometimes or alot I dunno . I dont come here much anymore. Any who Message me if you have any questions or want to get in contact with him. We should have a GTG or something. I know a guy with a R just got tuned at APR UK last week. Im K04 there is a great R tuned but I think he just shipped his out of here and the other Black GTI is Stage 1. We all work in the same Sq 1 is E&E(R guy) the 2 GTI guys are Crew Chiefs.

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
OK Im pretty sure Ichiban is the guy Im talking about with the Black GTI with LEDs.