GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ko4 GTI vs 430whp Trans Am

BlueAHR32

Autocross Champion
430whp is easy to reach with those modifications. I was just over 400whp in my old LS1 camaro with bolt-ons and a mild cam.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Something is up here heads cam full bolt on ls1...ko4 shouldn't have been enough . You state he is mid to low 12s that's high 1 teens traps speeds with a shit short time. Do ko4s now do mid to basement 12's?

Yes ko4s can do mid 12s and low 12s with the right set up. Its different on the street where we don't have to worry about getting traction from a roll race. My car pulled away from him every time he had to shift. I'd say the reason I pulled on him is because DSG>than his driving skills. And with Hoosier DOT tires I have no doubt in my mind I can consistently run mid 12s in the quarter. With a better driver I'm sure the outcome would be different, just check out some of my videos on YouTube, this isn't the first race I have that might be "shocking" to some. That g8 GT in the last video I have with the loud exhaust, I pull on him hard and some might say something is wrong, but even my friend can testify to my car pulling on him easily.

Last edited:

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
THIS haha if the guy who has ran 12.38 in his gti is concerned as well something ain't right. I think TSiUG is the exception not the norm for a ko4 car in my opinion. 12.38 is legit for a little hatch cheers to you.

And not to take anything away from TSiUG but our cars are pretty much the same thing, except my car is a 2011 GTI with some more mods compared to his mk5 2009 GTI. I'd like to run his car to see any differences between the two I think it would be a good race and since we both are DSG we don't have to worry about driving error. I like "street races" more because to me it shows speed in relation on the streets. I know plenty of cars I can't beat on the track in the 1/4 mile that I know I can beat on the streets from a roll. I mean shit at least I'm not the kind of person that just posts "stories" of their races I post videos and people still can't believe what I post, I'm racing my friend again from a 20 roll it should be better for him because I have no traction and will spin but after 1 or 2 shifts the DSG will help me catch up.

reillyse

Go Kart Champion
And not to take anything away from TSiUG but our cars are pretty much the same thing, except my car is a 2011 GTI with some more mods compared to his mk5 2009 GTI. I'd like to run his car to see any differences between the two I think it would be a good race and since we both are DSG we don't have to worry about driving error. I like "street races" more because to me it shows speed in relation on the streets. I know plenty of cars I can't beat on the track in the 1/4 mile that I know I can beat on the streets from a roll. I mean shit at least I'm not the kind of person that just posts "stories" of their races I post videos and people still can't believe what I post, I'm racing my friend again from a 20 roll it should be better for him because I have no traction and will spin but after 1 or 2 shifts the DSG will help me catch up.

I agree we would have a damn close race. You have a few breather mods that might give u the edge up top. Also I think I am in need of a valve cleaning here soon.

trd420

Go Kart Champion
Nice Runs !!! My K04 Pulled some pretty Nice cars this weekend will post up soon more info :D

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
hmm, i got stomped by a 450whp ls1 gto with my k04....surprising result...must have been an optimistic dyno he was on haha

To be honest I know the race should have been a lot closer. My friend says in the second video he misses 3rd but he wants to re race me from a 20 roll. It's hard to keep up shifts with a DSG car. I'm sure when he gets used to driving this car we will race again.

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
THIS haha if the guy who has ran 12.38 in his gti is concerned as well something ain't right. I think TSiUG is the exception not the norm for a ko4 car in my opinion. 12.38 is legit for a little hatch cheers to you.

TSiUG IS A FUCKING LIAR!!!! But...he's sexy...and he knows his shit..and he's not a liar...but he might be a communist.

I'm confused by the video as well. A 430whp T/A SHOULD walk all over a K04..but this one doesn't, so who knows. Good kill O/P.