GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
You are actually able to see music on your phone, even playlist and recently played via Bluetooth on these units. It is just a matter if your phone supports it or not.

Interesting.. Is that the case with Android phones? Pixel in my case.

APRTDI

Passed Driver's Ed
I got mine after a week in the mail through DHL.

Got the box opened immedietly and first thing i noticed was how well the unit was packaged. Mind blowingly good!

Second. Noticed that the unit is OEM you can tell marks on the screw tabs from prior vehicle install.

Thridly... Took the RCD 510 out, and installed the RNS 330 with no issues. Powered right away, and first thing i noticed was how much better the sound from the speakers came... on the same radio frequency as the 510. Its not a placebo effect something really is different with these units. I have read similar comments about them elsewhere.

So far everything works as it should, the steering wheel controls work, the Apple Car play thing works perfecly. Only thing that i notice is you no longer can see on the MFD what is playing like it did before.

The phone audio is exceptional as well. ON my RCD i could never use the bluetooth because the people on the other side of the line could never hear me. With this apparently sounds crisp and clear go figure considering the MIC is on the faceplate not by the mirror above.

Next up add... back up camera and im done. Finally have a Unit that I like and LOVE!.

APRTDI

Passed Driver's Ed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fastdog

Some earlier posts suggest disconnecting the factory Bluetooth module to prevent confusion during pairing. Is this as simple as pulling a connector on the module or is there more to it than that?

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Some earlier posts suggest disconnecting the factory Bluetooth module to prevent confusion during pairing. Is this as simple as pulling a connector on the module or is there more to it than that?

I'm also wondering about this??

Mchandler6

Passed Driver's Ed
Why not just remove the device from your Bluetooth pairing on your phone so it doesn't even know it's there to connect to?

Mr_Dog

Ready to race!
Interesting.. Is that the case with Android phones? Pixel in my case.

I am not sure about Android, but with my iPhone I am able to browse my Music & Podcast on the unit itself.

It is supported on Android, however I believe the Pixel's AVRCP bluetooth profile is not the latest which could be why.

Mr_Dog

Ready to race!
hello everyone. i'm really excited about this head unit and found one on ebay (version B). i have a 2011 GTI with the RCD 510 and i have the OEM pop up rear view camera. just wanted to make double sure what is needed for the camera to work, and if any other adapters (if required) for everything to work perfectly

You need an adapter for the OEM unit. Will post a link when I get the chance. There is a link in the previous post somewhere.

Do you have a factory camera installed?

Whops, was in a hurry to reply

iSuckAtThis

Passed Driver's Ed
hello everyone. i'm really excited about this head unit and found one on ebay (version B). i have a 2011 GTI with the RCD 510 and i have the OEM pop up rear view camera. just wanted to make double sure what is needed for the camera to work, and if any other adapters (if required) for everything to work perfectly

For the OEM camera to work you'll need this adapter:

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32383590304.html

And this cable: (some sellers include this cable with the HU)

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/2021946886.html

razah

I'm also wondering about this??

when you disconnect the radio, that harness is the bluetooth one, the cars standard harness is connected behind that plug, so you unplug them and put the harrness which was 2nd and put it in the rcd330 and disregard the bluetooth one.

razah

I got mine after a week in the mail through DHL.

Got the box opened immedietly and first thing i noticed was how well the unit was packaged. Mind blowingly good!

Second. Noticed that the unit is OEM you can tell marks on the screw tabs from prior vehicle install.

Thridly... Took the RCD 510 out, and installed the RNS 330 with no issues. Powered right away, and first thing i noticed was how much better the sound from the speakers came... on the same radio frequency as the 510. Its not a placebo effect something really is different with these units. I have read similar comments about them elsewhere.

So far everything works as it should, the steering wheel controls work, the Apple Car play thing works perfecly. Only thing that i notice is you no longer can see on the MFD what is playing like it did before.

The phone audio is exceptional as well. ON my RCD i could never use the bluetooth because the people on the other side of the line could never hear me. With this apparently sounds crisp and clear go figure considering the MIC is on the faceplate not by the mirror above.

Next up add... back up camera and im done. Finally have a Unit that I like and LOVE!.

yeh i had the rns-510 before and you could tell the difference in audio straight away, its more lively and clearer in sound.

APRTDI

Passed Driver's Ed
yeh i had the rns-510 before and you could tell the difference in audio straight away, its more lively and clearer in sound.

I thought it was just in my head but yes there is more clarity and bass too. All and all I wish these were out a long time ago. I went through 2 android radios and gave up until this one. Price was awesome too couldn't beat it for 218$ shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk