GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Air Ride Suspension Thread

acewayne

Ready to race!
Random question. I don't air out that often. Went to air out and noticed my rear driver side didn't go as low as it should. As in there was still tire showing when it used to tuck wheel. I jacked the car up to see if it was resting on anything or caught on something multiple times but came up with nothing.

I had bought a daily and started working on that and kinda left it alone for a bit. Aired it out yesterday and noticed the rear passenger side is doing the same thing now. Both sides in the rear don't air out like they used to (tucking wheel). They both show tire now. I'm not sure what it could be at this point. Seized up shocks? Any ideas?

I have airlift performance front and rear fyi.

Update. For some reason when I checked to see if there was something holding the car up in the rear I didn't thoroughly inspect the shocks. Turns out the locking collar on the rear driver side came loose and the shock managed to keep spinning and lengthening itself.

In the picture I spun the locking collar back up to where it should be, which was equal to the passenger side. Dropped the control arm, unbolted the shock, spun it back up, put everything back in, and all was back to normal. Tucking wheel again and probably rides a hell of a lot better but I'll find that out tomorrow.

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion
Hey, for those who store their car, is it best to store aired up or down?

I leave mine at ride height on snows with air brake anti-freeze in the tank. Then I take it for a rip on nice dry days.

Update. For some reason when I checked to see if there was something holding the car up in the rear I didn't thoroughly inspect the shocks. Turns out the locking collar on the rear driver side came loose and the shock managed to keep spinning and lengthening itself.

I can't figure out what would cause it to spin though? I find I have to tighten my collars in the front when I put my snows on or the bag will spin.

acewayne

Ready to race!
I can't figure out what would cause it to spin though? I find I have to tighten my collars in the front when I put my snows on or the bag will spin.

I guess it just managed to slowly spin itself over time from driving. I know when I tried to grab the threads with two hands and spin it back up it could be done, it was just difficult and slow. Therefore I just opted to take it out and spin it.

Tiggy1

Go Kart Champion

Spent 5 hours bagging my friends car last night.

Everything went great. I ran the lines under the dust shield in the car.

Sent from my Golf.

Tiggy1

Go Kart Champion
What system? 5 hours is really good timing Connor!

He went v2

I know I was surprised. It would have been done sooner if I didn't get tired or laugh uncontrollably at the BS my friend was saying.

Sad part is I think it's pathetic that I can change out the whole suspension, run lines, and electrical in less than 6 hours. Like. I knew how to do EVERYTHING. Lol.

Sent from my Golf.

spiker369

on air, don't care
This past Wednesday I swapped my blown airlift slam xl series front bags/struts with a used set of performance fronts that I bought from Matt on here. Install went relatively smooth. Had to run around town to find new top mounting nuts but once I got those everything was butter. I love that I am able to run at 40psi up front now and still have the same lift as 60psi from my slams.
Also the addition of the connected sway bar and dampening adjustment is amazing. :wub:

Any one know though if the leader line is correctly oriented with the sway bar end link? Doubt it'll be an issue since its braided but figured I'd ask.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451675720.508900.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451675734.546667.jpg

Tiggy1

Go Kart Champion
This past Wednesday I swapped my blown airlift slam xl series front bags/struts with a used set of performance fronts that I bought from Matt on here. Install went relatively smooth. Had to run around town to find new top mounting nuts but once I got those everything was butter. I love that I am able to run at 40psi up front now and still have the same lift as 60psi from my slams.
Also the addition of the connected sway bar and dampening adjustment is amazing. :wub:

Any one know though if the leader line is correctly oriented with the sway bar end link? Doubt it'll be an issue since its braided but figured I'd ask.

View attachment 51510

View attachment 51511

i wanna upgrade so bad -_-

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion

Do it! It's worth it for the dampening adjustment alone I'm sure!

Mine is close to the same but zipped higher up so it makes more of a U. Never had a problem.

Do you run about the same PSI front and back now? What rear shocks are you running?

spiker369

on air, don't care

Dude it's awesome! I'm definitely enjoying it and for the price I got the set for it was hard to pass up.

Mine is close to the same but zipped higher up so it makes more of a U. Never had a problem.

Do you run about the same PSI front and back now? What rear shocks are you running?

No, I run 40psi up front now (with my 18" wheels with 225/40) and 32psi rear with the stock shocks and un cut brackets.

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion
No, I run 40psi up front now (with my 18" wheels with 225/40) and 32psi rear with the stock shocks and un cut brackets.

Ohhh I have slam rears and cut brackets. I tuck lots at 32 PSI in the rear... :)