GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TURBO TIMER

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
^THIS

There are people even with Stage 3 kits that dont even have one.

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
These cars have what is referred to as an "after run" pump that will continue to circulate coolant through the system until the car cools down sufficiently, which accomplishes exactly the same thing as a turbo timer.

JumpinJackFlak

Ready to race!
^^^ I had no idea! thats pretty awesome to know. My buddies heavily modded scooby rex has a turbo timer, for some reason i always feel uncomfortable when i leave it running.

MK05-HJ09

Ready to race!
I've owned a few turbocharged cars without turbo timers. I just give them a few minutes to warm up in the morning before driving away, and drive them easier (lower RPMs) toward the last few miles of my drive before I reach my destination. Then I just give it a couple of minutes to idle before shutting it down. I know the after-run auxiliary coolant pump will handle it and it seems a little too cautious, but that's basically the synopsis of different owner's manuals I've read between VW/Volvo/Subaru on how to drive turbocharged versions of their cars.

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion

OK man its getting old yeah yeah yeah you have like one of the few stage 3 kits.
Nooone cares,,
:bellyroll::thumbsup::lol::cool::happyanim: