GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Drag and Track set up thread

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Once the stock suspension is out its much easier to remove a coilover strut assembly the second time around due to clearance. Some people run progressive springs on the street and linear for track and auto-x events which also requires taking the whole assembly out. After one or two time you should be able to do both sides of the front in about 2 hours with two jackstands and a floor jack
Provided the struts slip right out of their collars, sure, but that never happens. At least not to me, haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

sauceman101

Ready to race!
Provided the struts slip right out of their collars, sure, but that never happens. At least not to me, haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

By far the hardest part of the whole job. Was going to do it again last night to bring in more negative camber because I haven't cut my strut tops yet. But decided to just wait and cut them next saturday when I have time. The job would take less than two hours if they came right out of the collars with ease.

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
hey guys, went to the local drag strip this weekend on my current tires. TOO MUCH wheel spin. trap speeds were consistent. best time was 13.555 at 112.63 with a 60' of 2.578

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
hey guys, went to the local drag strip this weekend on my current tires. TOO MUCH wheel spin. trap speeds were consistent. best time was 13.555 at 112.63 with a 60' of 2.578

Let the fronts down to like 20psi, air up the rears. Your traps are consistent because your 60's were probably consistently bad.. LOL. Get the 60 down and your trap will go down and so will your time.

For reference, when I was K04 (v2) I did:
13.2@114 on 100 octane and all seasons. 2.2 60'
13.00@ 112 on 93 octane and all seasons. 2.0 60'
12.8@108 on 93 octance and slicks. 1.9 or 1.8 60'

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
here are 2 slips from yesterdays event