GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Got the Oil pressure: Engine speed maximum 4000RPM warning!

btufail

Ready to race!
Driving as normal and got that oil pressure message in the MFD. Then after a couple of minutes it went away. Drove the car home and let it set overnight. Got up today and checked the oil. Sure enough, about a qt low. Ran to the store and picked up some castrol 5w40 synthetic and threw it in. Drove it around and no warning so far. I have the DSG with a little over 2800 miles. My driving habits: I drive in manual mode 98% of the time and downshift not letting the rpms go above 3000. I do string out gears a little bit longer and tend to hold gears when I'm in traffic. I was planning on changing the oil at the 5k mark. Just realized if I would've waited till the 10k mark with my current driving habits. I would've never made it to the 10k mark. Is this typical to burn that much oil that fast? Am I doing something wrong?

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
May I ask how often you check your oil? Just curious if you received your car from the dealer low on oil. You should never burn through a quart in 2800 miles.

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
My car is at 30k, and I haven't needed a drop more oil before the every 9-10k changes. (and yes, I check it regularly, especially once I get over 5k after a change).

Check your oil every fill up, if it needs more oil again before 10k miles you've got an issue.

btufail

Ready to race!
May I ask how often you check your oil? Just curious if you received your car from the dealer low on oil. You should never burn through a quart in 2800 miles.

I honestly haven't and probably wouldn't have if it weren't for this warning. Never thought I even needed to. But I will from here on out. The dealership did a 90 day inspection about the 1500-2000 mile mark, wondered if they even checked the oil level? I'll call the dealership on Monday to get their input.

VINNY1

Ready to race!
My car has 7400 miles, and I used to check the oil every couple of weeks. I did this because I've heard nightmare stories about the old FSI engines. I don't check it at all anymore because I was never low on oil. I'll check it again in the morning, but I'm pretty sure it's fine. If I were you I'd take it to the dealer.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I feel a good rule of thumb is to check the oil every other tank of fuel. It's a 1 minute investment in ensuring you don't have any problems. I also do a quick visual of the engine bay to look for any leaking fluids etc. Doing so on this cadence and you become familiar with your motor so if something all of a sudden looks different, you know you have a problem to correct. Otherwise, it may have gone unnoticed.

rondocap

Ready to race!
I had the same problem, at 5500 miles. The car was 2 quarts low on oil! It is apr stage 1 and I drive it spiritedly all of the time, in manual, so that may have contributed. Check your oil, I was shocked! Dealer never checked oil even when requested twice for me during other checks.

btufail

Ready to race!
I had the same problem, at 5500 miles. The car was 2 quarts low on oil! It is apr stage 1 and I drive it spiritedly all of the time, in manual, so that may have contributed. Check your oil, I was shocked! Dealer never checked oil even when requested twice for me during other checks.

I'm Apr stage 1 as well and also drive spiritedly. Are the rest of you guys who are not having this issue tuned?

Erwan1

Go Kart Champion
The only time i have to add oil if I'm at track and going balls out for 30 mins+ at a time. Every few sessions (3-4) I'll have to add third of a quart maybe....that's high though. On the street, never have to add oil. APR Stage 2.

btufail

Ready to race!
The only time i have to add oil if I'm at track and going balls out for 30 mins+ at a time. Every few sessions (3-4) I'll have to add third of a quart maybe....that's high though. On the street, never have to add oil. APR Stage 2.
Well maybe the car came from the manufacturer short on oil to begin with. Atleast I hope. Again I'll let the dealership know and keep an eye on it. If it happens again, then I guess I have some sort of issue.

VINNY1

Ready to race!
:)Checked it this morning, it's full. And I have a tune, and drive "spiritedly" as well.
I really do think SB cars are built better. They look better anyway.:)

btufail

Ready to race!
Called 2 local dealership service departments this morning to get some input. Both of them told me it's not rare to see that. One said approximately 1/2 qt every 1200 miles maybe more based on driving habits. But again, I'll keep an eye on it from here on out.