GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

exhaust with lease ?

So i have a 2012 and i just put a turboback on it the car is a lease, im just wondering if i should take it to vw for its oil change that they include or if they are going to throw a fit ill just change it myself and fly under the radar.

input ?

thanks
matt

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Pretty sure service advisors and techs do not look at sales vs lease when completing service work. Just that the age and milage fall within the parameters to have the servicing done.

If you do yourself save all your service records. You'll need them when you turn the lease in if you're turning it back into VW.

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
A mod (especially a bolt on one) should in no way impact scheduled service work.

jmdeis11

Ready to race!
i take mine into the dealer and havent had any problems. in fact, it may be a good idea to take it to them; build a relationship, so later on if you have problems they may be more likely to overlook the fact that it's modded

thanks for the input guys looks like its going to the dealer

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
The way I see it...there's no point in putting money into a car you don't intend to keep.

i do intend to keep it

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
The way I see it...there's no point in putting money into a car you don't intend to keep.

No one truly "keeps" a car. They are all sold or returned at some point. In the OPs case, it's an exhaust. Just unbolt and sell when the lease is up if they do actually decide to buy it after.

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
No one truly "keeps" a car. They are all sold or returned at some point. In the OPs case, it's an exhaust. Just unbolt and sell when the lease is up if they do actually decide to buy it after.

I don't intend on getting rid of my GTI for a good while. It's my first new car, my dream car, and I don't see any reason why I'd ever need anything else. That said, if it does become impractical, or if as I get older I need something more comfortable/economical/utilitarian/whatever, then it is what it is.

BoostgetsUlaid90 said:
i do intend to keep it
You're leasing to buy? Why not just buy it outright?

Because when i first got it i was not sure if i wanted to keep it and i was not going to commit to a buy on a car i was not completely sure i would keep. Never the less it is just a bolt on exhaust and i have my stock exhaust sitting on a shelf in my garage. So i mine as well enjoy it for the time i have it.