GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Phur

Autocross Champion
I cleaned my APR CAI yesterday. I had been attributing the recent lack of power and increased turbo lag to age and carbon-buildup coupled with the heat of summer. It seems that a lot of it was just the engine not being able to breathe well. I try to stay on top of it, but was unaware how much bugs it had picked up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I cleaned my APR CAI yesterday. I had been attributing the recent lack of power and increased turbo lag to age and carbon-buildup coupled with the heat of summer. It seems that a lot of it was just the engine not being able to breathe well. I try to stay on top of it, but was unaware how much bugs it had picked up.

KN air filter cleaning kit ftw. Last time i cleaned it...twas nasty.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
some people feel that oiled filters mess with/damage our MAF's. cleaning the MAF is easy/cheap enough though....

Phur

Autocross Champion
I ended up with a spectre cleaning kit, so while it had been red, it is now white.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
The APR Carbonio intake uses an oiled KN filter ...

ask me how i know...

Above pic is apr intake washed off, all that nasty grim to the left.
The k&n oil is red, which gives the filter its color. Its surface oil, meant to catch the really small stuff getting through filter.

Boosted knows, but personal preference yeah

What i use

Yes, i know all of this. Just adding useless commentary.

ImitationMan

Passed Driver's Ed
Finishing up my Uber-Stealth Audio install. Just have to run the wires to the hatch area so I can plug this in. And then tidy up the wiring under the front seat while tuning in the new sub.

Have you ever noticed how you think the inside of your car is fairly clean - and then you pull out a seat and realize just how much dirt and grass is floating around on the carpet where you can't see it?

Phur

Autocross Champion
Ummm... no. Sorry.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Just got done doing a VERY quick maintenance wash.

I can’t take my son off to college in a rubbishy old beater. [emoji16]

Last edited:

Phur

Autocross Champion
Very. Don’t misunderstand, we love our son dearly, and he has been great. But my wife told me the other day... “Our jobs as parents are supposed to be to teach your child and prepare them for the outside world. When you can teach them nothing else because they will no longer listen to anything because they have it all figured out, it’s time for them to get the fuck out.” I look forward to it being just my wife and I again.

Phur

Autocross Champion
I will be loading all of his shit into it on Thursday, driving him only an hour away, and giving him a big hug and healthy shove. I hope that we can make it all in one trip.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Very. Don’t misunderstand, we love our son dearly, and he has been great. But my wife told me the other day... “Our jobs as parents are supposed to be to teach your child and prepare them for the outside world. When you can teach them nothing else because they will no longer listen to anything because they have it all figured out, it’s time for them to get the fuck out.” I look forward to it being just my wife and I again.

Kids are your prisoners, you are the warden. Release date is 18.

But, you can be their friend sometimes too. :wub:

:laugh:

(points to couch) "Phur, lay down...tell me about your recent feelings"

Phur

Autocross Champion
[emoji23]. We are definitely good friends with him. We could just us some space and a break from his drama.