GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

KanyesChest

Ready to race!
Edwin, are you back in Vancouver?

Not yet, drove up to Montreal for the long weekend, and snagged my 700km tank running 130-140km/h for the trip there and back

MLue1 said:
One of the other guys on the forum waited for a US Holiday, then purchase the Tune directly from Integrated Engineering in US$, it usually works out 10% cheaper.

Yeah IE runs sales pretty much every US holiday, I think I snagged my tune for just under $500 CAD.

Rickybobbi said:
dam all this tune talk making me want to try it out. iv got the intake, tires, suspension, just missing the tune. is it that much of a difference when you pull it? No slip in clutch like the GTI's?

Definitely a big difference in general driveability- flooring it from 2nd or 3rd gear is a ton of fun once you break ~3k RPM, and revving it out to 7K has it's own charm as well. No clutch slip either, since we don't generate quite enough power

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
That price is right. $399 US Stage 1/$499 US Stage 2 / $149 Powerlink cable.
Ya, but there is more to it, if you buy the same product from a Canadian Web Site they tack on a 13% HST as well, so buying from the IE Site during a Holiday Sale is still the better option.

I don't mind buying from IE they seem to be the only one supporting our 2.5 with a SRI, no one else does, no UM. no C2.

Last edited:

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Ya, but there is more to it, if you buy the same product from a Canadian Web Site they tack on a 13% HST as well, so buying from the IE Site during a Holiday Sale is still the better option.

15% ouch. Well they will have a sale in September.

I cleaned my air filter yesterday and Holy Cow it was filthy. I also fed the golf his monthly quart of oil. I need to pull the intake manifold and see what the valves look like after pulling that much oil mist through the intake for so many miles. Will be interesting as they were spotless when I installed it.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
15% ouch. Well they will have a sale in September.

I cleaned my air filter yesterday and Holy Cow it was filthy. I also fed the golf his monthly quart of oil. I need to pull the intake manifold and see what the valves look like after pulling that much oil mist through the intake for so many miles. Will be interesting as they were spotless when I installed it.
:lol:I know i'm blind in one eye but I wrote 13% not 15.

I bet the valves will be fine, the IE Tunes are over all leaner than the Stock Tune, plus the PCV constantly pulls way more fumes as its always under higher vacuum and the valves stay relatively clean.

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
:lol:I know i'm blind in one eye but I wrote 13% not 15.

I bet the valves will be fine, the IE Tunes are over all leaner than the Stock Tune, plus the PCV constantly pulls way more fumes as its always under higher vacuum and the valves stay relatively clean.

Ah. I thought you meant 13% US so I was doing the Canadian exchange:lol:

Not the fumes I'm cocerned with it's the oil coming with them. I call it an incremental oil change. I pull half the entire volume of the system through the intake each oil change interval.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Ah. I thought you meant 13% US so I was doing the Canadian exchange:lol:

Not the fumes I'm cocerned with it's the oil coming with them. I call it an incremental oil change. I pull half the entire volume of the system through the intake each oil change interval.
Nah you thinking like our Government, squeeze more outa out 'em they won't know.:lol:

When the PCV works, our 2.5 burns an average 400ml over 10k km. and that's with over 240k km on the odometer, I don't understand it. To be perfectly honest the 2.5 is the only VW engine that we've ever owned that does not burn oil, unless we modify something or something is broke and I'm including P-cars as well. I believe its is in the mechanical philosophy,....if there is such a thing.

Last edited:

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Nah you thinking like our Government, squeeze more outa out 'em they won't know.:lol:

When the PCV works, our 2.5 burns an average 400ml over 10k km. and that's with over 240k km on the odometer, I don't understand it. To be perfectly honest the 2.5 is the only VW engine that we've ever owned that does not burn oil, unless we modify something or something is broke and I'm including P-cars as well. I believe its is in the mechanical philosophy,....if there is such a thing.

Ah man I have to do math...Ok here goes.

400ml x 0.00105669 = 0.422675 qt
10000km x 0.621371 = 6213.712 mi

That's not bad. Mine doesn't burn any oil either. When I had the stock valve cover it didn't loose a drop. That's why the oil loss is of no concern. Now the state of California may be concerned. In their eyes I might as well be launching cfc bombs directly at the ozone and powering them with baby dolphin blood.

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
Aerodynamic under car cover installed, not sure if it will help with gas miles or not lol

Sent from my ANE-LX3 using Tapatalk

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Actually Vinnie, there is evidence to suggest that the rear bumper area is acting like a bit of a parachute on the the Mk6s, it would be interesting to see the effect of enclosing the bottom rear, from the rear suspension arms to the muffler or beyond to the rear valance.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
CARB Sticker for their P Flo Intake System, Golf/Jetta 2.5

When we installed the P Flo Intake System we misplaced the CARB Sticker, no big deal as its not required where we live. We recently found said CARB Stricker, see Pic.

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
I believe Vinnie told me he got it from a guy with a Diesel or I guess TDI.

Prolly results in a cleaner engine bay, especially in the winter time.

That looks correct. I recall having a much more sealed up undercarriage. I drove my TDI through the Yukon in winter on the Alcan Hwy to Alaska. My engine bay was pretty clean afterwards. The rest of my car however...

This is in Dawson Creek before I even hit the Alcan when my car was still clean. Not many TDI's with California plates passing through Dawson Creek in November.

https://imgur.com/a/ximAoTU

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
We have the Eonon GA6153W Android Radio in the Golf, after driving my wife's 2019 Accord 2.0T with Apple Carplay for three weeks I wanted that feature; so it was quite a surprise when I got a notification from Eonon about the Eonon Carplay/A-Auto USB Dongle. I did alot of work getting the backup/reverse camera working the way I like it with out paying alot, so I ordered the Eonon Carplay/A-Auto USB Dongle right away, hopefully in a week or so....:thumbup:

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Ordered online another set of Michelin Pilot Sport Tires.:thumbsup: Briefly thought about getting Firestone Indy 500 but decided against.