GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Would a seized front brake caliper be covered under warranty?

Repooc

Ready to race!
Long story... short: I believe I've narrowed my recent braking/noise issues to a seized front caliper. Are calipers covered under VW warranty?

I know that brake pads and rotors are wear and tear items and are not covered under warranty. However, what about the actual caliper itself?

What kind of BS excuse can I expect from my local stealership to deny a warranty replacement of a caliper?

The only modifications I have on my car are KW V3 Coilovers (not slammed by any means) and aftermarket 19" wheels.

Thanks for your insight,

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
should be covered, imho.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Seized from no regreasing?

How many miles?

Repooc

Ready to race!
I bought it as a CPO last year (2010 GTI). So I have an extended 2 year warranty past 80,000 km.

Currently have 94,000 km on the car.

I assume they may have been regreased as part of the CPO #-point inspection process.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I bought it as a CPO last year (2010 GTI). So I have an extended 2 year warranty past 80,000 km.

Currently have 94,000 km on the car.

I assume they may have been regreased as part of the CPO #-point inspection process.

Can't assume anything, these days. But check to see if they have been properly greased. If they have, then it might be something other than that to cause it to seize.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Or get a used one for $50 and do it yourself in 30 min.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion

LOL...I think you can only assume the car got washed and detailed.
Not all dealers are diligent with the inspections..

CobraKing

Ready to race!
^^^

I can second what Grambles & Modshack said about the dealership. They do the absolute bare minimum to the vehicle.

There are some shops in Scarborough that sell rebuilt calipers if you want to save money. See what the dealership says then give those guys a call.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
ive seen a siezed caliper on a car once. i just put some new grease on the caliper studs and some new pads and it was good to go. its crazy how one simple thing could lead to that result.