GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Cool Story Bro Thread

csperry

Passed Driver's Ed
no, I took the comment as you didn't give two shits about the car... lol

Gotcha, I really do love the car and I hope to keep it around a long time. But I also understand that you're going to pay to play, if that means another clutch or full rebuild is in order down the line, so be it. But honestly.....first time I've seen an MK7 R out and about...let alone next to me at a stop-light. There is no way I could resist.

Laznsher

Ended up next to a new mk7 R at a red light. Just got stage 2 and clutch kit yesterday so I was hoping he'd bite. Made a rookie mistake and left TC on, went hard from 1st gear roll through 4th and I was up by half a car. Not sure if happy or mad but I'd say being 6mt and with TC on, pretty good outcome. Those things are quick!

That's pretty impressive for a fwd GTI with less HP vs a 7R from a dig. Sounds like the R needs a driver mod. He should have left you sitting at the light.

csperry

Passed Driver's Ed
Interesting, I expected him to pull as well, but, driver mod? Aren't they all dsg still, or am I not with the times? Technically it wasn't a dig, but he hammered it around 15-20mph, and I was just waiting for the opportunity. Had he launched, I'm sure he would have held a lead.

I got a picture of it while waiting at the light, it was purdy, champagne color. I'll try to upload it.

csperry

Passed Driver's Ed
Here it is...

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
Interesting, I expected him to pull as well, but, driver mod? Aren't they all dsg still, or am I not with the times? Technically it wasn't a dig, but he hammered it around 15-20mph, and I was just waiting for the opportunity. Had he launched, I'm sure he would have held a lead.

I got a picture of it while waiting at the light, it was purdy, champagne color. I'll try to upload it.

They are available manual as well, agreed the champagne is the best color. Gives it a classy look you can go out to dinner with.

12bluemk6

Ready to race!
Had a 350 fly by me cutting off traffic, so I said what the hell and (safely) followed. Watched him make a few more stupid moves and I got an opening, left him in my rear view he kept falling back... I think it was the HR motor though. Still a CSB hahah

Uni Stage 2 | SPM DP | Magnaflow CB | S3 IC | 034 Mounts | HPA Red Puck | FX350 Kit | BSH Intake | Rev D DV | DG SS | Driver mod ?

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
Two mornings ago, this brodozer blew by everyone like he was the ish after merging onto the interstate. He was a few cars behind me, and I watched him make a rookie mistake. He blew out his front passenger tire and immediately hit the brakes. As a result, he almost took out the vehicle to his immediate right then ended up jerking left and ended up coming to a stop in the median. I'm surprised he didn't flip.

Yesterday, I had a Speed3 wanting to play in traffic, but we had nowhere to go. He was lowered way too low for Louisiana roads, had an aftermarket exhaust, and his front bumper was beat to hell. I think my Unitronic exhaust sounds better than whatever he had. His was super raspy, higher pitched, and more Civic fart cannon sounding. Maybe I expected too much for a vehicle with a larger motor and turbo?

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I have only met 1 mazdaspeed 3 that wasn't riced out... Every other gets slammed, etc (what you said)

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
They are available manual as well, agreed the champagne is the best color. Gives it a classy look you can go out to dinner with.

A stage 2 DSG MK7 R has been known to give all kinds of other vehicles fits. I've seen plenty of guys complaining about them on the WRX forums. :happyanim:

Screwby25

Ready to race!
Apparently i got beat by a Mitsubishi outlander yesterday. He flashed his hazards at me.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
I was driving on left lane on highway on my commute, 50-60 mph "traffic". I happened to be behind a Ford Escape and in front, there was an Integra with typical ricer civic taillights. So I proceded to pass them on right, at that point, the latino bro cut me off, so I swiftly swerved around his left. At that point, he immedietly wanted to take a closer look to my tailpipes. Shortly after he attempted a, yep you guessed it, a ricer flyby, but for some reason, his car is getting louder while it's getting smaller in my rearview mirror, I wonder why :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Shortly after he attempted a, yep you guessed it, a ricer flyby, but for some reason, his car is getting louder while it's getting smaller in my rearview mirror, I wonder why :D

Best thing I've ever (read/heard) you say on these forums :)

(that's a compliment, not an insult)