GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 1/4 mile

Bcastine

Passed Driver's Ed
60 ft. time if 2.4 is pretty terrible. I can bang 2.2's all day with my Nissan Titan 4x4 on AT's and it weighs well over 5K lbs. Every tenth in 60 ft = 2 tenths in ET every time. Ease up on your launch, a lot.....You should be able to hit 2.2's and pull 13.5's rather easily with that trap speed.

Bcastine

Passed Driver's Ed
Always always shift as close as you can to the rev limiter.

Thats terrible advise, yes in first in second where your gear ratio's give you a big torque multiplier that is true but as gear ratios get closer you need to shift earlier to keep wheel torque equal to or greater then in the next gear. If you have a dyno sheet, gear ratio's and a calculator its easy to plot your shift points. Your 3rd to 4th shift will be much lower then you expect. You simply multiply torque@ shift rpm X gear ratio vs torque at next gear rpm vs its gear ratio. If your more torque is available in the next gear, you shift. Higher the gear the earlier the shift due to the smaller gear ratio multiplier.

aregister

Ready to race!
At least I won the trophy.

Lol you won because batman never loses. Love the shirt bro

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
I have experimented in just about every car I owned and shifting at the limiter always gave lowest et...unless you have some fucked up gearing where the car does not accelerate past a certain rpm my statement is basically universally true

CiHKAL1

Ready to race!
Thats pretty odd times and trap speeds. I pulled 13.7 at 103.5 with my stage 2. Had a half tank of gas, full interior, and continental DWS's. The temp was mid 70's. I have the APR IC which does wonders. I actually have a hard time keeping my car at temp in the winter now.

Maybe you just need more practice with managing wheel spin off the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CiHKAL1

Ready to race!
I have experimented in just about every car I owned and shifting at the limiter always gave lowest et...unless you have some fucked up gearing where the car does not accelerate past a certain rpm my statement is basically universally true

Then you don't understand transmission torque and the benefit of associated plots. APR's DSG file will shift at the optimum shift points based off of transmission torque, if you don't engage the kickdown in S mode. The shift points might be close to redline depending on the gear, but definitely don't take it to the red all the way through.

Your thinking falls in line with the exaggerated misconception of shift too low because our turbos run out of gas. Partially true, but not taking in account transmission torque curves will get you there fastest if you're lucky.

This my friend is true. Launching and not bogging your car from first to second is a different topic :)

butternuts6mt

Ready to race!
Thats pretty odd times and trap speeds. I pulled 13.7 at 103.5 with my stage 2. Had a half tank of gas, full interior, and continental DWS's. The temp was mid 70's. I have the APR IC which does wonders. I actually have a hard time keeping my car at temp in the winter now.

Maybe you just need more practice with managing wheel spin off the line.

Again, if you read the thread, The track was not prepped very well. It was hot as balls with high humidity and our intercoolers were useless after a couple runs. A 2.227 60 ft in a front wheel drive car with Conti DW's is not bad. With that my car should be trapping over 110 and i should be able to get into 5th gear. I was trapping 106.xx or 107 and not even able to get too far into redline in 4th. I will be installing Water Meth in weeks to come and going back to the track late August and Most likely mid September to try and get low 12's