GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 1/4 mile

BoomBoy

Ready to race!
I drag raced for the first time at Waterfest and I won class B3 unexpectedly. I'm not sure if I got incredibly lucky or everybody else just sucked. ;)

The best time I could achieve is 13.923. Is that normal for a manual with a K04? That was with 93 octane fuel and summer tires. What could I do to impove my time other than losing some weight, 100 octane file, some slickers or other mods? :thumbup:

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!
what's your 60 foot time?

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Did you mean to say 12.xxx? Dude a 13.9 is pretty awful for a K04. Like above said, what was your 60'? How were you launching? You should be able to pull off a low 13 with ease. High 12 is capable with some practice on 93 octane and street tires. Drag radials or slicks is really what lets you put down the power and lower the time. Couple that with 100 octane and mid-low 12's shouldn't be a problem.

I ran a 13.0 on 93 octane and all seasons, 2.1 60'. 12.8 on 93 octane and drag radials, 1.9 60'. Both times I have misfires and breaking up on the top end.

BoomBoy

Ready to race!
I dropped clutch at around 3K rpm and I did get some wheel spin there and there. I shifted at around 6K rpm.

Last edited:

BoomBoy

Ready to race!
So, what could I do to improve my time? Drop at 2.5K? Easy on gas at launch? Shift later or sooner?

Gti207

Ready to race!
I ran a 13.85 stage 1 so something is amiss

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
I drag raced for the first time at Waterfest and I won class B3 unexpectedly. I'm not sure if I got incredibly lucky or everybody else just sucked. ;)

The best time I could achieve is 13.923. Is that normal for a manual with a K04? That was with 93 octane fuel and summer tires. What could I do to impove my time other than losing some weight, 100 octane file, some slickers or other mods? :thumbup:

The majority of the cars that ran on Saturday were slow as balls. The average time was like 14.5s from what I saw. 13.923 is not normal for a K04. That being said, everyone was slow that day except for the RS7 which hauled ass at 11s all damn day. Also the racecars that were there...

Lose weight will help you out a lot. Just looked at your mods, you have quite a few.

What was your 60ft? You're on 3.1? Have you logged your car? Make sure everything is running right.

Gti207

Ready to race!
Dsg ftw [emoji119]

BoomBoy

Ready to race!
I'm on 3.1 The car runs smooth. I ran on Sunday. I think the wheelspin was what killed my time. 60ft = 2.427