GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-20-2017, 07:29 PM   #617
Alex@Stratified
Rally Car Newbie
 
Alex@Stratified's Avatar
 
Drives: MK6 GTI DSG
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Richmond
Posts: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkelly0727 View Post
and how about, if we see -3.75 on knock ret. (knock)?
Does it happen all the time or just a one time event? If it's a random event and not repeatable I would not worry about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC_MK6 View Post
Special delivery! Just came in today. Stratified here I come!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Looking great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz View Post
should have gone DSG ;]
The DSG also requires a flash to handle the torque of an upgraded turbo without the clutches temporarily disengaging . We should be able to offer the DSG tunes as well once we get access to the tables via the AP.
Alex@Stratified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:53 PM   #618
tkelly0727
Touring Car Newbie
 
Drives: 2010 mk6 gti DSG
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Corona,CA
Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@Stratified View Post
Does it happen all the time or just a one time event? If it's a random event and not repeatable I would not worry about it.



Looking great!



The DSG also requires a flash to handle the torque of an upgraded turbo without the clutches temporarily disengaging . We should be able to offer the DSG tunes as well once we get access to the tables via the AP.
Yes, it does happen every time i drive the car. before i went stage 2 i upgraded the engine and transmission mounts because my oem was sloppy. today ive seen it went as high as -4.25 and i was in bumper to bumper traffic. im thinking of purching a e85 tune file to get a data-log to see it the knock is reduced.
tkelly0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:40 PM   #619
Alex@Stratified
Rally Car Newbie
 
Alex@Stratified's Avatar
 
Drives: MK6 GTI DSG
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Richmond
Posts: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkelly0727 View Post
Yes, it does happen every time i drive the car. before i went stage 2 i upgraded the engine and transmission mounts because my oem was sloppy. today ive seen it went as high as -4.25 and i was in bumper to bumper traffic. im thinking of purching a e85 tune file to get a data-log to see it the knock is reduced.
With E85 it definitely will be. We can also adjust the current tune via a datalog review if needed.
Alex@Stratified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:46 AM   #620
SC_MK6
Touring Car Newbie
 
Drives: 2012 csg gti autobahn
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Anderson sc
Posts: 181
Double post. Stupid tapatalk.


Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
SC_MK6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:48 AM   #621
SC_MK6
Touring Car Newbie
 
Drives: 2012 csg gti autobahn
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Anderson sc
Posts: 181
So I have to get a dsg flash before my k04 now? Damn it! How close are yall to coming out with a dsg tune? Will it hurt the dsg to wait a while before getting it flashed while running k04? I'd rather have a tune I can flash through the AP rather than get an APR etc. tune.


Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@Stratified View Post
Does it happen all the time or just a one time event? If it's a random event and not repeatable I would not worry about it.



Looking great!



The DSG also requires a flash to handle the torque of an upgraded turbo without the clutches temporarily disengaging . We should be able to offer the DSG tunes as well once we get access to the tables via the AP.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
SC_MK6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 09:04 AM   #622
Laimface
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
Laimface's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 Candy White GTi 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Isle of Man
Posts: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC_MK6 View Post
So I have to get a dsg flash before my k04 now? Damn it! How close are yall to coming out with a dsg tune? Will it hurt the dsg to wait a while before getting it flashed while running k04? I'd rather have a tune I can flash through the AP rather than get an APR etc. tune.


Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk




Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
It won't hurt, the DSG in stock form has a torque limit set so will kill the power to not overload the clutch packs. Flashing the DSG increases the limit along with the clamping pressure to the clutch .
__________________
No speed limits are the best speed limits
Laimface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 09:51 AM   #623
Laimface
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
Laimface's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 Candy White GTi 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Isle of Man
Posts: 537
The only dyno on the island opened yesterday. Guess who went on first lol.

271hp 328 ft lbs (Print out at the end of the video)




It's quite obvious that the turbo runs out of juice after 4500. You can even hear it in the exhaust note! I'll have a bigger turbo one day lol.
__________________
No speed limits are the best speed limits
Laimface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 10:12 AM   #624
jeez
Oval Champion
 
jeez's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 GTI DSG SBM
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Maryland
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
The only dyno on the island opened yesterday. Guess who went on first lol.

271hp 328 ft lbs (Print out at the end of the video)




It's quite obvious that the turbo runs out of juice after 4500. You can even hear it in the exhaust note! I'll have a bigger turbo one day lol.
Awesome results! You must be the first person I've seen hit 270 hp and 320tq at the wheels, on the stock turbo.

Either Alex is working wonders, or euro gtis are stronger, or that dyno reads high, or your car is a factory freak. I would be impressed with 250 whp, let alone 270. Great results indeed.

You're not running WMI or E85 right?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
__________________
2011 Mk6 GTI DSG SBM Autobahn | HPA K04 | Stratified K04 Protune (Member #1) | APR S1/S2 Carbonio Intake| APR K04 DSG Tune | Forge K04 WGA | Bosch 3 BAR MAP | AWE S3 IC | Neuspeed Throttle Pipe | AWE Turbo Outlet Pipe | Fluidampr Harmonic Balancer | 18" OZ Leggera HLTs | VW DriverGear DSG Springs | GFB DV+ | Continental DWS 06s

Last edited by jeez; 07-23-2017 at 10:21 AM.
jeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 10:33 AM   #625
Laimface
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
Laimface's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 Candy White GTi 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Isle of Man
Posts: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeez View Post
Awesome results! You must be the first person I've seen hit 270 hp and 320tq at the wheels, on the stock turbo.

Either Alex is working wonders, or euro gtis are stronger, or that dyno reads high, or your car is a factory freak. I would be impressed with 250 whp, let alone 270. Great results indeed.

You're not running WMI or E85 right?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Can't comment on euro GTIs being stronger or dyno reading high. It was literally set up last week so not many cars have been on it.

This is the dyno type: http://www.dynodevelopments.co.uk/4wd-dyno.html

As for fuel, it's normal pump 98 RON. That figure was from one of the latter runs, so the oil was pretty warm so thinner. Intake temps were kept low by directing air through a flexi pipe to the filter to minimise heat soak.

Below is a virtual dyno pull that I did a few weeks ago. Pretty similar. Goes to show how good VD is as a free app!

__________________
No speed limits are the best speed limits
Laimface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 10:49 AM   #626
jeez
Oval Champion
 
jeez's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 GTI DSG SBM
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Maryland
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
Can't comment on euro GTIs being stronger or dyno reading high. It was literally set up last week so not many cars have been on it.

This is the dyno type: http://www.dynodevelopments.co.uk/4wd-dyno.html

As for fuel, it's normal pump 98 RON. That figure was from one of the latter runs, so the oil was pretty warm so thinner. Intake temps were kept low by directing air through a flexi pipe to the filter to minimise heat soak.

Below is a virtual dyno pull that I did a few weeks ago. Pretty similar. Goes to show how good VD is as a free app!

How low were your IATs if know?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
__________________
2011 Mk6 GTI DSG SBM Autobahn | HPA K04 | Stratified K04 Protune (Member #1) | APR S1/S2 Carbonio Intake| APR K04 DSG Tune | Forge K04 WGA | Bosch 3 BAR MAP | AWE S3 IC | Neuspeed Throttle Pipe | AWE Turbo Outlet Pipe | Fluidampr Harmonic Balancer | 18" OZ Leggera HLTs | VW DriverGear DSG Springs | GFB DV+ | Continental DWS 06s
jeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 11:10 AM   #627
Laimface
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
Laimface's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 Candy White GTi 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Isle of Man
Posts: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeez View Post
How low were your IATs if know?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
The road log that made the VD graph saw a steady 24C IAT and 13C ambient.

The dyno saw IAT of initially 35C then dropping to 30C on the pull with ambient temp of 19C

Before the flexi hose blowing air to the filter, the IAT was 50C.
__________________
No speed limits are the best speed limits
Laimface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 11:46 AM   #628
jeez
Oval Champion
 
jeez's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 GTI DSG SBM
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Maryland
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
The road log that made the VD graph saw a steady 24C IAT and 13C ambient.

The dyno saw IAT of initially 35C then dropping to 30C on the pull with ambient temp of 19C

Before the flexi hose blowing air to the filter, the IAT was 50C.
Ah, I see. Thank you. That's 270 whp in 86 degree weather...are you on stage 2 hardware? That's almost 300 hp at the crank...I thought that was impossible, guess not lol. Wish it was on a dynojet to remove my doubts. With E85/WMI you could be looking at 320 hp which is crazy! I'm impressed, even if it reads high.

If true Alex will get an influx of new customers ha ha

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
__________________
2011 Mk6 GTI DSG SBM Autobahn | HPA K04 | Stratified K04 Protune (Member #1) | APR S1/S2 Carbonio Intake| APR K04 DSG Tune | Forge K04 WGA | Bosch 3 BAR MAP | AWE S3 IC | Neuspeed Throttle Pipe | AWE Turbo Outlet Pipe | Fluidampr Harmonic Balancer | 18" OZ Leggera HLTs | VW DriverGear DSG Springs | GFB DV+ | Continental DWS 06s

Last edited by jeez; 07-23-2017 at 12:13 PM.
jeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 01:47 PM   #629
ILMGTI
Touring Car Champion
 
ILMGTI's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 GTI DSG
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 242
Always surprise me how loud the crackles are from the outside:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BW5d-1tl...aken-by=ilmgti
__________________
Stratified Stage 2 // APR Carbonio Intake // APR RSC Turboback // VWR Springs //
Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires // My car journal thread My Instagram
ILMGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 02:46 PM   #630
focusfuri75
Oval Newbie
 
Drives: 2010 GTI
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Indio
Posts: 126
Nice numbers, but don't forget that 98 RON is about 94 octane
focusfuri75 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.