GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

$700 for revo stage 1!! Somethings wrong here right?

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
Autobahn in NJ has an SPX on the way was shipped last week they should have it today or tomorrow. They don't have to send your ecu to us, you may have spoken to someone who didn't know they had ordered one yet.

While I think 2 hours labor is high we have no say over what they charge for labor, neither does any other tuner. If you are unhappy with the labor there are other dealers in the area who charge no labor or very little.

USRT flashing is done through Volktech/20squared they do not currently have an SPX ordered.

Antonio Monteiro

Ready to race!
I paid for APR stage1 $712 labor + tax include on the sale.
Yes it is hard to get the ECU out i saw my guy do it, they have to break 2 screws, I guess on MKV it wasn't that difficult to take out

lowerthanzimmy

Go Kart Champion
APR perhaps?

Automotive Performance Tuning LLC - APTuning Philadelphia
Address: Philadelphia PA 19115 USA
Distance: 11 miles
Phone:+1 (717) 272-0916

Garnet Volkswagen
Address: 1620 Wilmington Pike West Chester PA 19382 USA
Distance: 21 miles
Phone:+1 (610) 361-8500

garnet doesnt flash cars anymore, liability reason

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
I was just quoted $250 labor which puts the tune + Labor at $649 and I have to drive 3 hours each way to get it. While I was quoted $80 for the instal of the APR tune when it is released in March by Black Forest Industries, which is closer to me 60 vs 300 miles. This breaks down as such:

Revo Tune on sale $399, Labor $250, plus gas and 3 hour travel each way $649
APR Tune on sale $599, Labor $80, 1 hour or less trip each way $679

$30 dollars difference which I would easily spend in gas for the trip AND I still have to buy the switching device for the Revo.

I am waiting on word back from the only other NC revo dealer with current cabability to flash 2011s and word back from the one who quoted me $250 Labor about a possible discout on the labor to offset my driving distance.

This is all very maddening!

Last edited:

ruifrsilva

You can get it done at my shop if you're willing to travel a bit, it's in Newark, NJ

$399.00 for stage one including installation.

speed4568

Ready to race!
You can get it done at my shop if you're willing to travel a bit, it's in Newark, NJ

are you ready to tune 2011?? i was at your shop last week.

let me know. and much for the sps tool to select tunes?

thanks

ruifrsilva

are you ready to tune 2011?? i was at your shop last week.

let me know. and much for the sps tool to select tunes?

thanks

Hey, yeah we're ready. I think I just called you back unless you're a different person. If you are someone else sorry for not getting back to you yet, give me a call and we can discuss any questions you might have.

Last edited:

1flymk6gti

Go Kart Champion
yoo it will be worth the drive its you can hook a brotha up with a good price. Im not tryin to pay 700 bills for stage 1

mitsuplexnyc

Ready to race!

Is that ECP auto services? I am not to far, in central nj, and would be interested going stage 1 along with an intake.

mitsuplexnyc

Ready to race!
Yes it is, Just google us shoot me an email and we can discuss any questions or schedule a time to do it.

Rui

Seriously considering your offer, what would you recommend as far as an intake to go along.

I just want to outline a plan/price model up until stage 2 as I will probably incrementally add a downpipe, fmic and ecu stg 2 by the time I am done. I would therefore go to your shop for further upgrades and would like to know what you can install/recommend. I know you said email you directly but i figure this can be helpful for others as well.

TIA

Red2011GTI

Go Kart Champion
Goodspeed here in Scottsdale, AZ charges one hour labor. So whatever their hourly rate is this is what the install should cost.

Last edited:

MadRabbit1

Ready to race!
$700 for install, included unlimited tweaks of the tune, sps switch and lunch. Well worth it knowing what has to be done to the ecu to get the flash loaded. REVO for the win!!!!

VigCS

Passed Driver's Ed
My APR tune was $680 or so after taxes. It doesn't seem that outrageous. Go to NGP around Baltimore. Shouldn't be too long a drive for you.