GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

G'day

Target

G'day all,

Well I just got my first VW and I went in to the deep end and got an R (2011). Loved performance cars and bikes all my life decided to get something that was practical (at least thats what I told the minister for finance) yet sporty.

The car is pretty stock (for the moment) and drives very nicely. What I need some help with is that it has 19 inch rims which I have no experience in and miss matched tyres. 3 x Continental sports 235 /35 and 1x atr achillies same dimensions. From what I can see the contis are better than the achillies but are almost worn out. I will need to replace soon and as the achillies is near new I was thinking 3 more of those.

I can see though that some think these are not great tyres, any thoughts?

My driving will be basically suburban with weekend runs into mountains, not 10/10 ths but spirited. I just cant afford to go gum balls as they wear too quick. Any help is appreciated, I have even concidered going to 18 in rims as I love the Detroits on the GTI.

Csg_r

Ready to race!
I recommend Conti Dw. Good summer performance tires for good price. :thumbup:

By the way I don't think there is 2011 R at least here in US

Target

Yeah its a 3 door 2011 in blue. i fell in love when I first saw it. I'll try get some photos but its just stock.

Thanks for the tyre tips