GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 GTI Handling

shrek655

I have a 2009 GTI which I love, but never been too impressed with the cornering. It seems to roll more that I would expect, especially at the back end when cornering hard, and generally doesn't feel like its cornering flat as i would want. I put new Koni SRT shocks on last year but kept the standard springs and ride height because the roads around my way are terrible. i thought the shocks would cure it but it merely felt like a slight improvement only. DOes anyone have any ideas? Someone mentioned bushes on the rear tie bars maybe?

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
Unibrace ub plus a rear sway bar makes the rear end feel planted, and i'm still on stock suspension with 140k.

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
I installed a rear sway bar and unibrace ub on a stock suspension. The rear end now feels planted and flat in the twisties.

zrickety

The Fixer
Do front and rear sway bars, and don't be afraid of a mild drop spring. The driver gear springs are linear and most of us really like them. The big lower control arm bushings will also tighten things up, Whiteline or TT replacements.