GOLFMKV

Official UNITED GREY Golf/GTI Thread

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
IMG_1253.JPG
Back to stock and surprisingly I love it

zrickety

The Fixer
You will probably lose some radio reception.

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
I have 35% on all windows of my car I havent noticed any radio interference. I think ill probably tint every car I own

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion
Use ceramic tint. Mettalic tint messes with your in glass antena.

AGEE4

Ready to race!
Anyone ever been keyed ? Unfortunately some moron decided to key my car last night while I was parked outside my complex. The scratch is on the drivers side fender all the way to the end of the drivers side door. Any recommendations for paint correction on the united gray side of things? The scratch is deep but only noticeable from certain angles. Any help is much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krz_hayn

Go Kart Champion
Anyone ever been keyed ? Unfortunately some moron decided to key my car last night while I was parked outside my complex. The scratch is on the drivers side fender all the way to the end of the drivers side door. Any recommendations for paint correction on the united gray side of things? The scratch is deep but only noticeable from certain angles. Any help is much appreciated.

Sorry to hear. Hopefully your insurance covers against vandalism. Unfortunately, the metallic in United Grey is not easy to match. I'd try to push your insurance (granted you're covered) to do a complete respray.

I had a reputable body shop try to match my front end (bumper, hood & fenders) after an accident and it actually looked two-toned from certain angles.

Phur

Autocross Champion
My body shop did amazing with the paint match! Unfortunately they can't line up a part upon reinstallation. Whatever, that was easily remedied.

In the meantime, maybe a polish and glaze to minimize?

AGEE4

Ready to race!
Sorry to hear. Hopefully your insurance covers against vandalism. Unfortunately, the metallic in United Grey is not easy to match. I'd try to push your insurance (granted you're covered) to do a complete respray.

I had a reputable body shop try to match my front end (bumper, hood & fenders) after an accident and it actually looked two-toned from certain angles.

I do have comprehensive coverage with a 1,500$ deductible. How much does a quality respray go for?

AGEE4

Ready to race!
My body shop did amazing with the paint match! Unfortunately they can't line up a part upon reinstallation. Whatever, that was easily remedied.

In the meantime, maybe a polish and glaze to minimize?

I will go this route for sure. If that doesn't work maybe wet sand with a ultra fine grit? I almost want to say the scratch is right over the clear coat only. Whenever I wet the scratch with water it disappears and once it's dry you can see it again..

Phur

Autocross Champion
I took this a couple of weeks ago. I just now got around to pulling it off of the computer. Reflections for days, yo!